Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found two servo upgrades 2nd and 4th gear what the difference between the two and can/could these be used together. need a lil help before i buy either one!!!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
the 1-2 shift in these vehicles is the sloppy one, get the 1-2 corvette servo, its the one everyone on here gets, noone needs a firm shift going into overdrive thats the exact opposite of performance

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
The 1-2 is the worst shift, the 2-3 is naturally firm.

You dont need a hard 3-4 shift because noone is winding out third gear and shifting into overdrive at 130mph, its all low speed, low throttle stuff

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
416 Posts
Question

Don't have a tune, can't because of warrenty. Just want to clean up/firm up the shifts. Not looking to chirp the tires and what not. Is the Vette 1>2 servo and the .490 all I'm going to need?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
That's a good start. You might also want to replace the plastic accumulators with pin-less aluminum versions while you are in there. They replace without pulling the valve body and can eliminate some issues down the road with sloppy shifts.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so if we are just lookin to firm up shifting not neck snappin (due to the 8 month old in the back seat) would the 1-2 servo, and a .490 boost be enought?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
66 Posts
so if we are just lookin to firm up shifting not neck snappin (due to the 8 month old in the back seat) would the 1-2 servo, and a .490 boost be enought?
That combo in my Trailblazer shifts smooth and quick at part throttle. But at WOT it hits hard and will squeak the belt. I just put in the regular aluminum accumulators, not the pinless ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts