Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ltz
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day every one, :tiphat

last week my TB06 had a leak in the power steering, after i fixed it. :thumbsup:
the indicator for " SERVICE STABILITRAK " came on .. :weird: :weird:

any one got this problem before ?? and what he did ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks for the help guys

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
It seems to be for most cases the steering wheel sensor that needs to be replaced when that light comes on.:m2:

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
Is the light staying on all the time or just for that one drive?
Mine has come on a few times and the next time I start the vehicle it resets and is off. For some reason it seems to get confused during start up test but is OK on the next start up.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Replace the steering wheel position sensor, that is the cause of the light most of the time.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Mine has come on a few times and the next time I start the vehicle it resets and is off. For some reason it seems to get confused during start up test but is OK on the next start up.
Mine would do the same thing, it resets everytime you shut off the truck, I finally had the light go on when I was by the dealer and went in and they finally saw it was a bad sensor and replaced. It was driving me nuts for months after I first got her.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
116 Posts
If I shut the engine off and the steering wheel isn't straight or nearly straight, the Service Stabiltrack light illuminates on the next start up and goes out after the car is shut off. It's a pain always having to remember to park with my wheel straight but it beats paying for a new sensor.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
If I shut the engine off and the steering wheel isn't straight or nearly straight, the Service Stabiltrack light illuminates on the next start up and goes out after the car is shut off. It's a pain always having to remember to park with my wheel straight but it beats paying for a new sensor.
Again a symptom of the steering wheel sensor. :m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ltz
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you all :)

Thank you all for the reply ...

Is the light staying on all the time or just for that one drive?
NO, all the time.
but what blow my mind is either On all the time or Off.
like today when i drove to work didn't came On.

Replace the steering wheel position sensor, that is the cause of the light most of the time.
I will talk with the workshop about it ... THANKS :tiphat

I checked the wheel balance and alignment, it may be the reason.
the light come on for sometime then went off.

when the light came on (Service Stabilitrak).
it came to my mine that the attraction isn't working, i looked for dirt on the streets then i give a shoot with acceleration to see if it’s only a problem in the attraction or only needs services.
Suddenly, the message changed to be (stability ON) or (Attraction ON)
And the light was blinking,
So the mechanism was good and the only thing was with the light.

I will give it a chance till the end of this week to see before changing the sensor or to keep it,
during this time I will remove the battery for 10 mins then I will connect it again as a final try before changing.

Once again thank you all for the ideas.

:tiphat :tiphat :tiphat :tiphat :tiphat

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
116 Posts
I don't know if you have the exact same problem as I do but with my situation it's obviously not a real failure but just a nuisance fault. When you shut the car off, make sure if the steering wheel is straight ahead and see if that solves your problem. I think I might have read somewhere that if this is your problem, they can reprogram or recalibrate the steering wheel angle sensor somehow. Has anybody heard of this or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I don't know if you have the exact same problem as I do but with my situation it's obviously not a real failure but just a nuisance fault. When you shut the car off, make sure if the steering wheel is straight ahead and see if that solves your problem. I think I might have read somewhere that if this is your problem, they can reprogram or recalibrate the steering wheel angle sensor somehow. Has anybody heard of this or am I mistaken?
Depending on the year, it could need the ebcm reprogrammed (bulletin 08-05-25-005) and also another cal change so a Tech2 can display the swps voltages and degrees of rotation, a loose connection or backed out terminal(s) at the C101 or X101 connector (depending on vehicles model year)- the 38-way connector mounted along the under hood fuse block. This harness may be routed tightly around the UBEC, or need the steering wheel position sensor replaced. Most likely, the swps will eed replacing. i needed to reflash my cal and found the swps was reading 24* left when the steering wheel was straight. Replaced the swps and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
13 Posts
service stabilitrak lite

Mine has been coming on and off intermittently now for months on 2008 TB. Have extended warranty, but of course $200.00 deductible. GM Serviceman says vehicle will run fine when lite is on. As mentioned, it resets itself when you turn the engine off and back on. Garage will not scan unless I agree to use X warranty, which means $200.00. Steering wheel sensor makes sense and that is probably not a big ticket item if I go in and ask them to replace.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm thinking also that my swps is faulty. Although my ODBII code reader can't to retrieve that type of code, the Service Stabilitrak warning only comes on when I maneuver the truck in a parking lot.
How easy or how hard is it to replace a swps?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
Garage will not scan unless I agree to use X warranty, which means $200.00.
Find a friend or another garage with a scan tool that can scan ABS codes. It was only a while ago that scan tools were allowed by regulation to also scan ABS codes, so they may not be too common yet.

I use the Actron ABS scan tool. It only goes up to 2005 but if I use the 2005 vehicle on my 2007, it shows the stability control codes as well.

(Yup ... steering wheel sensor.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
service stabilitrak

Here's one for the gooneybooks. My "service stabilitrak" screen has been appearing on my 2008 chevy trailblazer for the past several weeks. Could it in some way be connected to a deteriorated battery. WHAT!!!!!!! Well, my battery seemed to be getting sluggisher and sluggisher. I left the car sit for two days and it would not start. So I hied myself into the nearest KAL Tire shop and installed a brand new DIEHARD battery. I had the old one load tested and it came back REPLACE BATTERY. Well, my limited knowledge of all things electronic tells even me that a new battery should not be connected to "SERVICE STABILITRAK". However, it has now been over a week and no service stabilitrak screen. Could the inferior battery have something to do with activating this screen? Go Figure.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Here's one for the gooneybooks. My "service stabilitrak" screen has been appearing on my 2008 chevy trailblazer for the past several weeks. Could it in some way be connected to a deteriorated battery. WHAT!!!!!!! Well, my battery seemed to be getting sluggisher and sluggisher. I left the car sit for two days and it would not start. So I hied myself into the nearest KAL Tire shop and installed a brand new DIEHARD battery. I had the old one load tested and it came back REPLACE BATTERY. Well, my limited knowledge of all things electronic tells even me that a new battery should not be connected to "SERVICE STABILITRAK". However, it has now been over a week and no service stabilitrak screen. Could the inferior battery have something to do with activating this screen? Go Figure.
Probably a coincidence as it seems to always be the steering wheel position sensor. I am on my third sensor-1 original and 2 replacements.:weird: Bad design or crappy manufacturing who knows but AC:weird: Delco is the only make-no aftermarket part, and this is the only time I would rather have an aftermarket than a Delco part.:suicide:

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Probably a coincidence as it seems to always be the steering wheel position sensor. I am on my third sensor-1 original and 2 replacements.:weird: Bad design or crappy manufacturing who knows but AC:weird: Delco is the only make-no aftermarket part, and this is the only time I would rather have an aftermarket than a Delco part.:suicide:
Are you getting the code pulled to make sure the steering wheel positon sensor was the failed part? I've never seen multiple SWPS failures on the same truck.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Are you getting the code pulled to make sure the steering wheel positon sensor was the failed part? I've never seen multiple SWPS failures on the same truck.
2 different dealerships but yes the same 2 codes were set both times co455 and co244 were stored and finally when the light came on and they hooked the scanner up it was reading that the wheel was turned all the way to the right but the steering wheel was straight ahead. GM designers thought the placement for the abs module under the vehicle was a great place:weird: and this last time they were very detailed and looked in the box and it was perfectly dry and looked like the previous dealership greased and sealed the box before but didn't mention it. Been about a month now since the second replacement and no lights on fingers crossed cause it is a pita to diagnose unless the light is on and is scanned at that time.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Ok, just making sure. Though usually the C0244 is set because of a code in the PCM/ECM/TCM.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts