Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 I6 Trailblazer has about 90k miles on it and yesterday the service engine soon light came on. At first it wasnt a big problem but today when I was driving around it started shaking with a loss of power and all of a sudden the service engine soon light started flashing. I was wondering what this could be caused by?:no:

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
My 2002 I6 Trailblazer has about 90k miles on it and yesterday the service engine soon light came on. At first it wasnt a big problem but today when I was driving around it started shaking with a loss of power and all of a sudden the service engine soon light started flashing. I was wondering what this could be caused by?:no:
Did you get the code read? Cant help you if you dont know what it is.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
A quick scan of the Owner's Manual would reveal that a flashing SES light means QUIT DRIVING IT! :eek:

It's a massive misfire - could be plug, coil or wiring most likely. Unburned fuel is passing through the engine and igniting in the catalytic converter, which may damage the vehicle from excessive heat or kill the expensive cat.

Yesterday would have been the best day to get the code read. But today is not bad. ;)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
I hope it wasn't too serious of a problem. What was the cause of your problems and what was the fix? My 2002 Trailblazer did the same thing today - 6/11/2011. Thanks and any information would be appreciative.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts