Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today my reliable 2003 tb service engine soon light was flashing and started to misfire and my cruise control stopped working also. I’m assuming that it’s the spark plugs or maybe a ignition coil. Has anyone had these issues and how did you solve them ?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
28 Posts
Just recently went through this very issue. First off you'll need to have the code read. That will point you which cylinder(s) is causing the misfire. From there you can take the easy path and throw a coil and spark plug at that cylinder, or you can diagnosis it by moving the coil to another cylinder and seeing is the misfire jumps to the cylinder that you moved it to, if so its a bad coil. Also, be sure to check the harness that going to the coil. They have been known to go bad, aswell.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
A solid check engine light means a problem. A flashing check engine light means a big problem that needs immediate attention.

Misfiring can me electrical, fuel or both. As Ponvoy suggested, read the codes and swap coils to find out if any of the coils went bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts