Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week Best Buy installed my new Viper 5901.
Took 8 hours to install.
When I went back to the store to retrieve my vehicle, the installer had good news and bad news for me.
The Good news: The alarm system / remote starter is installed and working great.
The Bad news: the airbag light is on solid & my DIC gives the 'service airbag' message on every start. :duh:

He proceeded to tell me that he is sorry, 1000+ installs with no problems, and he will pickup the bill for the repair.

I made an appointment at my local dealer for tomorrow.

Am I getting scammed somehow?

Should I demand more from Bestbuy than just covering the repair bill?

Does anyone know how much this will be?

Anyone else have this problem on remote starter or alarm install? :confused:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
There's no way to tell what the bill will be because the fault might be anything from the clockspring to a simple jostling of a connector nearby. Either to an airbag or a sensor. The dealer can ask the airbag control module WHICH wiring loop the fault is in, and that has to be done first. Not sure BestBuy owes you any compensation other than a vehicle put back to original working condition.

But if it's a cheap dealer repair, the manager might throw you a BestBuy discount to use for other toys. :yes:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer replaced the airbag sensor harness.
Didnt fix it the problem.
This led to the tech at the dealer to have to start tracing wires included in the aftermarket Viper install.

The problem was said to be a smashed wire causing a ground out.

The wire was found in the center console.

4 hours of work = $400

Took this to Best Buy, they weren't happy. Install tech said he wasnt in center console.

He is waiting to hear back from the Dealer, as I am still waiting for my money.

Thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts