Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there everyone. I have a 2006 4.2 liter tb. i bought it less then a year ago and have had many issues with it. any kind of advise will be much appciated. lets start with the latest one.
when i put the key into the ignition and try to start the truck it is like i lost all power to the truck.when i release the key so that the power is on all of the lights in the dashboard are dim. check engin,tcs,oil ect. i started to play around with it and i noticed that when all of the dashboard lights are dim like that you cant hear the fuel pump prime itself. i finaly got to the point that i have to leave the door open and turn the key back and forth untill i hear the fuel pump start to prime. this here is my biggest problem if you have any suggestions please let me know.
tcs. i somtimes will be driving and out of no where the tcs check lights come on. it does this at radom all of the time. if im driving and they come on i just put the truck in neutral and turn it off and start it back up and it will be fine after that.
no sound in the back passanger seat speaker. i took the door apart and all of the wire are connected. i have noticed at times tho i will just come on at radom.
the transmission somtime times when it shift into second it kinda studders and at other times it is nice and smoth.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
517 Posts
Could be your ignition switch going bad. Common problem on some GM products. Are there a lot of other keys on your fob? A lot of extra weight bouncing and pulling on the the switch can cause it to fail. Not sure about #2. I would be looking for a poor ground in the back speaker.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey there bullethole. i have been here on this site for awhile reading all kinds of threads trying to find a clue to my issue. what i have noticed is that alot of people have problems with this ignition switch. im not a dumbass when it comes to turning a wrench but with electrical issues i dont know much. can you tell me more about this ignition swithch if you dont mind

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
517 Posts
I'm not much of a point-to-point guy myself, but having been on the forum for a while I've seen this problem discussed before. There may even be a how-to somewhere o here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts