Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Been a while since I have been back on the forums, but I have an 06 TBSS and just started having some electrical issues. Did a search and seen different threads with similar problem, but no solution to what I have going on. If I missed something in the search, I apologize in advance. But, here it goes

2006 TBSS and I started having the passlock light come on while driving. Didn't think anything of it, until 1 night about 2 weeks ago, I started losing all gauges on and off, all dash lights would come on and I would lose windows, power seats, etc. Vehicle still drives though. Took it to a garage and he tested it and said the BCM showed failure. I ordered one, installed it and had it programmed at the dealer. Ran OK with no problems for about 2 hours, then it started up again.

Seen different posts that maybe it was the ignition, so I replaced that today with no problems, but I am still having the same issues as described.

My questions are: 1) do I need to have the BCM reprogrammed after the ignition install? or 2) do I need to get a new PCM? (The only reason I ask this is because my original part number was no longer produced and I had to get the newer BCM and I thought I read somewhere about having to upgrade or replace the PCM as well)

Anyway...any help would be appreciated. Waited a while to get a TBSS, got one and within the last 2 months I started having issues and I am getting disappointed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure why this ended up in brakes, tires, etc. Can a moderator move so I don't double post?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone? I'm replacing the passlock ignition tonight...maybe. Do I need to do the 30 minute relearn after replacing it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts