Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the fan clutch out on my 03 trailblazer and somehow snapped one of the connectors off. It is the one on the left hand side of the motor below the oil filler cap and right beside the top radiator hose. Does anyone know what this sensor controls? Thanks.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If it's #908 in this drawing, that's the camshaft position sensor, and it's critical. Around $30 in the aftermarket.

GM # 12584079
SENSOR,CM/SHF POSN W/ANGLE CONNECTOR
ACDelco #213-1557

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
357 Posts
That is the Camshaft Position Sensor. BTW, that is the right side of the engine as viewed from the Driver's seat. I would imagine the vehicle won't run without the PCM getting that info. Roadie will know more about the consequences of not having that signal.

C.B.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Might run, but will definitely throw a code.

OK, I gotta take of my volunteer hat off here and go work on marinating some meat. The biggest firework show in North County goes off in a city park right across the street, and my driveway is a PRIMO viewing location.

And north county folks want to come to Vista instead of dealing with crowds and smelly portapotties - PM me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I wonder if I can get it from an auto part store or do I have to get at the dealer? I think it is the 908 sensor. My truck just threw a code but it is running great.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Normally when I show a GM and an AC Delco part number and use the magic word "aftermarket" that means you can get it at your favorite parts store or rockauto.com or Amazon or other places than a dealer.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
:eek: Curious, though. Was I right guessing the cost? Was Autozone carrying AC Delco or did they have another brand?

Oh, and David - you've been here long enough - could you fill out your profile so you don't have to always tell us what vehicle you have? Helps us help you, and all that rot. :yes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was 29.99 and it was a duralast. You were right on the money. Advance auto was out and they had the ac delco for 31.99. Thanks again for the advice and I will fill it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts