Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kelly/Alvin,

I had my PCM tuned by you guys earlier this year and now I'm upgrading my tire size so I want to get it retuned. I decided on keeping my loaner PCM b/c I knew I would be sending mine back in. But my question is: How do I go about getting mine retuned? Do I need to fill out an order sheet? What is the cost of a retune? Let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
877 Posts
Hi Kelly/Alvin,

I had my PCM tuned by you guys earlier this year and now I'm upgrading my tire size so I want to get it retuned. I decided on keeping my loaner PCM b/c I knew I would be sending mine back in. But my question is: How do I go about getting mine retuned? Do I need to fill out an order sheet? What is the cost of a retune? Let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

I'm assuming by now you have talked to us? IF not just give us a call or drop a note in the box explaining what you need done and a return address/phone number

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep. i already got it back reflashed for the new tires, but now i'm wondering if it's going to correct the speedo, as a few guys have said it hasn't fixed it even after a couple times.

idk i hope it fixes it. we will see today!! Lift is going on!:woohoo:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
605 Posts
I'm also wondering about the reflash with regard to a rim/tire size change now that my latest TB has 16-inch rims and the tune from my older TB is based on 17-inch rims...I will call Alvin or Kelly and find out about a new re-tune this week...

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
877 Posts
I'm also wondering about the reflash with regard to a rim/tire size change now that my latest TB has 16-inch rims and the tune from my older TB is based on 17-inch rims...I will call Alvin or Kelly and find out about a new re-tune this week...

The big problem is the "fudge factor" inside the GM PCM and the inconsistancies with how tires are measured. We can 100% put exactly what the tire diameter should be based on its size and the speedo will be off.

If it was as simple as putting in a diameter like 28" and having it work we would have it nailed.

The best way to check speedo calibration is to reset your odometer as you pass a mile marker. Drive 10 miles and the moment you pass that 10 mile marker write down your odometer reading. Anything within 1% is pretty good. Most GM cars are anywhere from 2-3 mph fast/slow on the stock calibration and tire size!!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
605 Posts
The big problem is the "fudge factor" inside the GM PCM and the inconsistancies with how tires are measured. We can 100% put exactly what the tire diameter should be based on its size and the speedo will be off.

If it was as simple as putting in a diameter like 28" and having it work we would have it nailed.

The best way to check speedo calibration is to reset your odometer as you pass a mile marker. Drive 10 miles and the moment you pass that 10 mile marker write down your odometer reading. Anything within 1% is pretty good. Most GM cars are anywhere from 2-3 mph fast/slow on the stock calibration and tire size!!!
Thanks a lot Alvin for the information...On another note, I will soon be sending you my once PCM4Less tuned PCM from my totaled 2004 TB that I salvaged to re-tune and then shelf my PCM that's in my current 2004 TB...I checked the GM-TIS site and my current 2004 TB has had the latest GM flash updates done to it, so I think that we are all set for a re-tune, all that's left to do is fill out a worksheet from your site...I probably will not need the CASE relearn done, and only maybe a security relearn, correct? Thanks in advance, ~Eric~

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Thanks a lot Alvin for the information...On another note, I will soon be sending you my once PCM4Less tuned PCM from my totaled 2004 TB that I salvaged to re-tune and then shelf my PCM that's in my current 2004 TB...I checked the GM-TIS site and my current 2004 TB has had the latest GM flash updates done to it, so I think that we are all set for a re-tune, all that's left to do is fill out a worksheet from your site...I probably will not need the CASE relearn done, and only maybe a security relearn, correct? Thanks in advance, ~Eric~
If the PCM is from a different vehicle you will need the C.A.S.E. relearn. Without it you won't get full benefit of the tune, IIRC. And probably won't pass an emissions test.:m2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts