Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help if somebody can.

I am looking at trading my TB on an Avalanche, unfortunately the Avalanche in question shows up as having two accidents in the free carfax. Is there any way to determine how bad the accidents in question were? Can a full Carfax report detail the repairs? With the accident report numbers is there any way to get a description of the accident?

Why am I looking at getting rid of the TB you may ask. Honestly, because I have had nothing but problems with my TB. In the 30k that I have put on the truck (truck now has 55k) it has been in for no less than 5 warenty visits, each with a laundry list of things to be taken care of. Unfortunately my extended warrenty is about to expire and I dont want to keep the truck around with this many things having gone wrong so early in this trucks life.

Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
if you get the full car fax you can then find out where the accidents were and request police reports. But if it's already been in two accidents, I would just pass, there are other Avalanches for sale.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
624 Posts
ya i would look at others. Once a vehicle has been in an accident, you are always going to have issues. It could have alignment issues with the frame, mechanical problems....... If you are having issues with your tb, then don't buy something else that is going to give you problems. :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
if you get the full car fax you can then find out where the accidents were and request police reports. But if it's already been in two accidents, I would just pass, there are other Avalanches for sale.
I bought the full carfax...no accident reports showed up & there was def body work done....but none the less that's just my:m2::D

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
I bought the full carfax...no accident reports showed up & there was def body work done....but none the less that's just my:m2::D
I agree I ended up getting the refund on the one I ran on my TB. Only shows whats reported and some places dont report to Carfax. If its that good a deal on this Avalanche where you can't pass it up then you should-somethings wrong somewhere and they are trying to dump it.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, however the Avalanche in question has already sold.

I guess I was hoping that two minor accidents would bring the price of the avalanche down, but oh well, it does not matter any more. I will agree though, two decent smacks to a vehicle is something I would not usually think is OK, there are just too many sensitive computers in the new vehicles.

We will see what the future brings. I will admit, I love the TrailBlazer, I just HATE mine. Hopefully if I do get an Avalanche I will have better luck, 2 brothers each own one (one is on his 3rd after 150k on the first two) as well as an Uncle, and none of them have had any problems.

Oh, BTW, getting the accident report may have got me nothing as usually the damages are not recorded in the report. To get details of the damages you usually have to talk to the insurace company.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
CarFax doesn't always help. Some agencies don't report to CarFax and some only report limited information. The Mercedes dealer and I had a suspicion that my C230 was in a wreck (this was after I bought it), so I paid for a CarFax to find out and all it gave me that was it was involved in a crash with another vehicle in New York. No area of the car listed, no severity of the crash or anything. Whatever you do, make sure you inspect it yourself for damage and check for evidence of a repaint. If you think something is wrong, find out what it is or move on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts