Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 isuzu ascender
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lost the engine on my 2003 Isuzu Ascender and I'm looking to sell the vehicle for parts. The SUV has 135k miles.

Is anyone interested in the vehicle for parts. The Ascender has every option but the TV.

Also, does anyone know a good salvage yard in the Houston area?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
940 Posts
Why can't the engine be replaced?

It is the LS, or Luxury? 7 passenger I assume with the 5.3.

I am somewhat interested, but Texas is a long way away.

·
Registered
2003 isuzu ascender
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My son, who just received his license 6 weeks ago, decided to drive the car home (20 miles) versus pulling over to the side of the road and calling me when he heard a noise in the engine. The engine was low in oil and when the service tech drained the oil, metal chunks were in the oil.

Note to self, in the future don't assume new drivers know what to do with noises coming from the car!

·
Registered
2003 isuzu ascender
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the Ascender is the LS with the 5.3 engine and seats 7. Great opportunity if you know how to drop in an engine.

·
Registered
2003 isuzu ascender
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DJones ..... I was thinking around $2500. I can send pictures if you would like.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Note to self, in the future don't assume new drivers know what to do with noises coming from the car!
..... or will always tell the truth about the speed they were doing when the noise started. ;)

Typically, the power steering pump dies when kids do donuts for the first time, then they lie about how it just failed spontaneously. :dielaugh:

Real sorry about your loss.....

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Engine noise + new driver = bad combo.

Sorry to hear about it, you know you can put a junkyard 5.3 or 6L in for less than a grand right? If I had the $$ Id buy your truck and drop the LS2 outta my SS into it. Then I could be convinced to build a stroker 427 LS3 with a Maggie for the SS. hehe:hopeless:bonk::cool:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
940 Posts
I would love to fix a Trailvoy because I think I could learn plenty and get one cheap, however, my new hobby in HAM radio is going to eat my money.

Has it ever been involved in an accident?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts