Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of weeks ago I was doin some sand dune exploration and after about 15 cookies I lost power steering. Bought new pump online and by the time it showed up my power steering had kicked back in. Now I have a back up pump but I am curious if any one else had had a self healing power steering issue?

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "cookies", but if you were doing what I've heard of as "donuts" (tight circles with the steering locked to the stops), then you most likely sheared a pump shaft. Trailvoys HATE to be driven in circles in the sand at high RPM because the pump isn't designed for that kind of abuse.

Many reports of failures over the years here - wish you'd discovered trailvoy before hurting the vehicle.

You should probably change the pump anyway. The self-healing might just be a temporary line-up of the cracked shaft, which could come loose when you least expect it in a highway debris avoidance incident.

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,269 Posts
quite a few on here have ruined the pump by doing the donuts in the snow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.