Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this has happened to me twice in the past week. I am driving along on the interstate I go to exit and start my way down the off ramp. I start to brake at the top of the ramp. About 2/3 of the way down the ramp I get a quick flash of the Service Engine Light and a shudder in the brake pedal. It lasts for about 1/2 a second. I dont think this is anything serious, but I am just wondering what is causing this. I put on new brakes and turned the rotors about 1 month/1300 miles ago. Anybody have any ideas??? It fells like the abs is slipping and the brakes are locking up, but like I said it only lasts for about 1/2 a second.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Could be a wheel speed sensor starting to go flaky and blipping the ABS. Only a dealer's scan tool (or a well-equipped independent) can talk to the ABS computer and ask it about stored codes. But it may be a good investment compared to just swapping sensors until the problem goes away.

I'd start by inspecting the wiring and connectors at the front hubs (the most likely to get damaged) for the sensors.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be a wheel speed sensor starting to go flaky and blipping the ABS. Only a dealer's scan tool (or a well-equipped independent) can talk to the ABS computer and ask it about stored codes. But it may be a good investment compared to just swapping sensors until the problem goes away.

I'd start by inspecting the wiring and connectors at the front hubs (the most likely to get damaged) for the sensors.
I knew I could count on THE ROADIE for a good comment on this problem. Thanks, I will check these. Do you think this is a serious problem or can go for a couple of weeks?

PS: Did you see my comment in "WHAT IS THIS PIECE" ? :dielaugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts