Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Anyone ever parted-out one of our TB's? My 08 LT is seized up, I need to get as much $$ out of it as possible (upside down by $4.5K).:duh::mad:

Thought about stripping it down for Ebay and Craigslist....what kind of return range would I be looking at?

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
579 Posts
Hey Guys,
Anyone ever parted-out one of our TB's? My 08 LT is seized up, I need to get as much $$ out of it as possible (upside down by $4.5K).:duh::mad:

Thought about stripping it down for Ebay and Craigslist....what kind of return range would I be looking at?

Thanks
hi, sorry to hear about the engine issue.

what happened? why did it seize?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
I just parted out a 99 Tahoe that had a blown tranny. I made close to $4,000 back when everything was said and done. I did strip it right to the frame and salvaged every nut and bold off the thing. Took me 4months to make that cash. If you have the time and space to do it I say go for it. There are a lot of items of high value and high demand on these vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
579 Posts
I just parted out a 99 Tahoe that had a blown tranny. I made close to $4,000 back when everything was said and done. I did strip it right to the frame and salvaged every nut and bold off the thing. Took me 4months to make that cash. If you have the time and space to do it I say go for it. There are a lot of items of high value and high demand on these vehicles.

Tahoes values are more than TB

I wanted a Tahoe or a Yukon, but could not find one in my price range.

had to settle for an Envoy.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Yes, I realize that. But the trailblazer has more electronics and computer modules that are worth big $$ to buy even used. Have a look at the average cost of parts for the 95-99 Tahoe/Yukon and what the same part costs for a TB or Envoy, most all parts are more for the GMT360 platform than the GMT400 platform. I also sold most of my parts at or below you pull part prices. OBS Trucks and SUVs are a dime a dozen where I’m from. I’ve got an 03 that needs the motor rebuilt. I’m pondering scrapping it. Just the body control module, tccm, gauges and ecm are worth more than I paid for the whole truck. Just my experience.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
579 Posts
Yes, I realize that. But the trailblazer has more electronics and computer modules that are worth big $$ to buy even used. Have a look at the average cost of parts for the 95-99 Tahoe/Yukon and what the same part costs for a TB or Envoy, most all parts are more for the GMT360 platform than the GMT400 platform. I also sold most of my parts at or below you pull part prices. OBS Trucks and SUVs are a dime a dozen where I’m from. I’ve got an 03 that needs the motor rebuilt. I’m pondering scrapping it. Just the body control module, tccm, gauges and ecm are worth more than I paid for the whole truck. Just my experience.

back east. these trucks are worth very little.

very hard/low resale.

sit for months on lots.

the one I had the unfortunate luck in buying, to be used solely as a winter truck. june 1, it goes in storage,.

sat on a dealer lot for over 3 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
back east. these trucks are worth very little.

very hard/low resale.

sit for months on lots.

the one I had the unfortunate luck in buying, to be used solely as a winter truck. june 1, it goes in storage,.

sat on a dealer lot for over 3 months.
Yea man, that makes sense, however, I'd be looking to put everything online (ebay) and prepare to sell to anywhere in the US. Wouldn't that help by selling to regions where it's more in demand?

·
Registered
2004 buick trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Hi friends,

Tell me one thing. I have 2013 model Toyota corolla and my car is not giving me a good mileage on petrol. Why..... How can I increase my car fuel average?

·
Registered
2005 saab 9_7x
15 Posts
I feel for you, I bought my 97x with 123k and the engine seized at 243k. I bought a motor with 110k that I found on www.car-part.com for $600 and had a friend of a friend of a friend.. install it for me. He charged me $900. So I was back and running for only $1,500. I realize not everyone has a hook up like that but just thought I’d mention it. I was quote $3,000 just for labor at a local shop... needless to say I wasn’t going that route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts