Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kelly/ Alvin / trailvoyers!
So I just installed my PCM and sitting in my car , cranked the th nothing happened, lights illuminated, but it's been over 20 mins and the security light is still blinking! Now what?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still blinking! :s I'm gonna continue the procedure Til the end and c what happens! Any input would be helpfulllll!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still won't start.. Gave up for now, will try if anyone has any ideas! Thanks

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
The same thing happened to me when doing a BCM swap last year. I turned the key to the "on" position and left it that way for about 10 minutes, then the security light turned off. I was able to start my truck after that with no problems. :thumbsup:

Edit: were you trying to crank the engine for those 20 minutes, or just let it sit there?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The same thing happened to me when doing a BCM swap last year. I turned the key to the "on" position and left it that way for about 10 minutes, then the security light turned off. I was able to start my truck after that with no problems. :thumbsup:

Edit: were you trying to crank the engine for those 20 minutes, or just let it sit there?
Hey man! Cranked it then 11 mins then off 30 seconds, then cranked it then 11 mins then off 30 seconds. The cycle goes on and on no luck! The security light never stopped blinking no matter how long waited; so would turn off even though blinking!

So first time around just open the switch and wait for 10 mins? No on and off?

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
That's what worked for me in my case. I knew there was a relearn procedure, but couldn't remember the exact steps. So I left the truck on without cranking, for 10 minutes while I went inside to run a search. When I came back outside, the security light had turned off, and it started up without me having to do anything. :cool:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what worked for me in my case. I knew there was a relearn procedure, but couldn't remember the exact steps. So I left the truck on without cranking, for 10 minutes while I went inside to run a search. When I came back outside, the security light had turned off, and it started up without me having to do anything. :cool:
Lool talk about lucky man! I been cranking at this all day and won't lool! Will try your way tomorrow maybe, I put my old PCM back for the day lol!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update! I Hooked up my scanner today and the vin number is wrong :( dunno how this happened. I contacted Kelly and we'll c how we can fix this! :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts