Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in January I got a 2005 trailblazer with 25K miles, under warranty I had the secondary air pump replaced after the check engine light came on, then i had the regulators (I think that is the part attached to it) replaced today after the check engine light came on again. So tonight I am driving and yet again it comes on! is there some sort of common problem I don't know about with the secondary air pump or what? even tho its still under warranty this is getting annoying as all hell, I like driving not having my trailblazer constantly being fixed. Any idea's?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
before I get attacked I did search but this is more of a problem that wont go away after being fixed twice so it isnt really listed and this should be in OEM, my bad I must have overlooked it.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
You have to post the code you get, so we can confirm it's really the air pump problem you think it is.

As someone else just posted in one of those threads you're not finding, there's a 1-to-20 ratio of dead pumps to dead exhaust manifold solenoid valves. You might have been replacing the wrong part of the system.

You have a check engine light - don't just assume it's for the same problem as before, since there are hundreds of things that can cause the light to go on. Get the codes read, tell us what they are, then we can proceed.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Secondary Air Pump

My engine light keeps coming on as well. The code that keeps coming up is the secondary air pump. I have replaced the pump, the valve and the O2 sensor that screws in the exhaust manifold. Can you tell me why this keeps happening?

·
Registered
124 Posts
My engine light keeps coming on as well. The code that keeps coming up is the secondary air pump. I have replaced the pump, the valve and the O2 sensor that screws in the exhaust manifold. Can you tell me why this keeps happening?
Have you tried replacing the relay that is next to the pump?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,298 Posts
Is the code P0410? You can check this page if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0410

Just for an overview.

It is possible to have a bad part out of the box. You might want to
pull and test. It might be that even though you hear the pump running,
it's not passing the PCM check. It could also be that the valve isn't
sealing properly.

If it's a different code, please post the P#### number and we can work
from there. If it is the P0410 code, there's an extensive thread on that
which might give you some other items to look at:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=45668&highlight=p0410

A search for P0410 pulls up about 155 threads that might have more information for you.

Good Luck!

Chris

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,030 Posts
if the pump works, then the relay works. there's only one other component in that system that sets a P0410 and that's the check valve.

and it does fail.

take it off, test it, or just replace it. I bought a dorman for my truck off Amazon for the price of dirt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts