Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 tb
Secondary air pump whining noise when running. If I jiggle the wire connection it stops.Can I temporarily disconnect wire plug until I can get new pump?
FYI located in Indiana if that helps anyone.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,347 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!!

I do not see why not. All that will happen is that a DTC will be set.

When you replace the pump, DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY. Remove the appropriate fuse(s).

Why? Because when you reconnect the battery, the HVAC controller commands the various HVAC actuators in the dash to run a recalibration procedure which causes the actuators to go beyond their normal limits and the aged plastic gears inside the actuators have become brittle and can easily break. If that happens, then you might lose the ability to control the temperature or where the air comes out. Replacing them can be a royal pain in the @$$ !!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forum!!!!

I do not see why not. All that will happen is that a DTC will be set.

When you replace the pump, DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY. Remove the appropriate fuse(s).

Why? Because when you reconnect the battery, the HVAC controller commands the various HVAC actuators in the dash to run a recalibration procedure which causes the actuators to go beyond their normal limits and the aged plastic gears inside the actuators have become brittle and can easily break. If that happens, then you might lose the ability to control the temperature or where the air comes out. Replacing them can be a royal pain in the @$$ !!!!!
Thanks, tired of hearing it all the time. Just gonna pull the connection for now. For at least a week til I can get a new pump

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Sounds good to me. By the way, where in Indiana are you? I lived in way far East Indianapolis in the early 1990s.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
OK. I spent a couple of days at Purdue in 1995 getting some training on a scientific instrument. The last day I was there, I ate some chili at the Student Union that turned out to have been spoiled and got food poisoning.

I had an evening flight out of Indy to get back to Baltimore, and just as I was getting off the Interstate I lost it and tossed my cookies all over the dash of the rental car. To make matters worse, it was the night before Thanksgiving! What a miserable night!!!

Otherwise, I have happy memories of Indianapolis and Hancock County (where we lived). Actually lived in the Hancock County part of Cumberland just a few blocks over the county line.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. I spent a couple of days at Purdue in 1995 getting some training on a scientific instrument. The last day I was there, I ate some chili at the Student Union that turned out to have been spoiled and got food poisoning.

I had an evening flight out of Indy to get back to Baltimore, and just as I was getting off the Interstate I lost it and tossed my cookies all over the dash of the rental car. To make matters worse, it was the night before Thanksgiving! What a miserable night!!!

Otherwise, I have happy memories of Indianapolis and Hancock County (where we lived). Actually lived in the Hancock County part of Cumberland just a few blocks over the county line.
I live about 15 min from purdue campus.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
OK, so you might know of the on campus greasy spoon I was talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts