Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping the pros here can help with this issue. In troubleshooting my Secondary Air Injection System, I noticed that the wire on the wiring harness that attaches to the Relay was severed and not allowing power to get to the pump. Because it is severed so close to the wiring harness, it will be impossible to do an in-line splice. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this part is called, what a part # would be, or any repair recommendations?

Please See the photo below to see what I am talking about. Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone able to provide some knowledge and experience here? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Just repaired this on my 04 TB. Remove blue clip over wires. Then insert small straight screw driver in small slot next to the spade connector in plug. (not on side where wire is inserted) There is a small tang that holds connector in place. Pull spade out and you can then uncrimp wire connector apart and recrimp wire. Bend small tang back up and reinsert into connector. Hope this helps. Dale

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
I have the same issue but couldn't find the house going into the connector... I don't believe I can recrimp the wire because the plastic is in the way.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
I found the relay under my drivers side next to the vacuum pump. The issue I have is the who relay and plug got ripped off and now I have to recrimp it all and I cant find a wiring diagram for it at all.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
I have replaced my Secondary A. I. R. Injection Valve on my '06 Trailblazer, but did not have an issue with its power harness. I did however, have an issue with the wiring harness for my heat/ac blower motor that plugs in to the resistor. The repair I did for that is the same for the issue at hand for the O. P...

What I did was snip out the old harness connector and soldered in a new connector. Now, yes, replacing the harness for the Secondary A. I. R. Injection Valve would be tight quarters for either a splice (which makes me cringe) or a solder job and heat shrink tubing would be a pain in the butt. But, the job itself requires patience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts