Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have either any ideas or how to's on how to lower the OEM seat height? I am 6'4 and have low back problems so I sit pretty much straight up which causes me to lose my upper view angle. In other words I have to duck my head down to see when the stop light changes. I have lloked under the seats and thought about just removing the bottom frame rails, but it doesn't look like the upper frame rails will line up with the mounting bolt holes. I don't really care if the seat moves forward and back since I am the only one who drives it. All ideas appreciated! :thumbsup:

I have researched replacing them with a different style, but if that is my only option I will just deal with it. Ballpark of $600 to do this, so both front seats match, and not willing to spend that much.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
don't know how well or safe it would be. But if the upper holes don't line up maybe bolt a piece like a steal strip to the original seat holes then the upper holes to the other side. Just a quick thought.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
251 Posts
I rebuilt all 4 seats in my TB and that wasn't a pleasant experience. In doing so I had them out and stripped to the frame and I dont think your going to be able to do that. It might be easier and more practical to restuff the lower seat cushion. They have a pretty thick foam pad in them that could probably be reduced by a inch without notice or discomfort. Another option is hit a junk yard and buy a sacrificial seat to work with. The only redesign in the newer seats for comfort was the foam contour to wrap better on your legs and back. All the frames are pretty much the same in design however you need to be aware of airbags, air bag sensors and seat belt re tractors if you change the seat out. Those were all reasons why I ended up stripping mine and rebuilding them. I eventually converted my driver seat to power in all the modifications, You dont gain any headroom with power either. I have 04 cushions on 05 frames with air bags that are disarmed because I have curtain bags.

In my case all four seats were cosmetically damaged when I bought my TB since I got such a good deal because of that I didn't mind the work. I just threw out a compete frame assy too! Dangit!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I think I may take it out and see if I can't fab something together. Maybe weld some new braces and remove the bottom slide frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts