Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Bridgestone APT 3 from Sears a year ago 3/8/08 and a year later they are dry rotting. Sears ( as I know it now ) is a "Club" store, ie SAMs club or BJ's & Wal mart .
so you cant buy these tires from anywhere else.At Sears the Dept Manager told me the tires werent rotting.so after a heated arguement, i took the truck to another Bridgestone dealer and right away I was told Dry rott it is , which I knew already.

after a customer service call to sears I was told that Bridgestone said they would give me a $137 credit per tire less Labor & alignment. Kicker is APT3's are no longer the tire now they are APT4's and they are $179. so I have to pay up more money..And I can only use this good faith warranty with the store I bought the tires. Sears blows.!

moral of the story is buyer beware... IF you buy tires from a big chain make sure you know what you are getting.( Club tires ) if you read all that thanks for listening to me vent.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
284 Posts
Do you happen to know how to read the manufacture date of your tires? It would be interesting to know when they were built compared to when you bought them. You may have unknowingly bought a set of older tires.

Personally, I would not buy tires from Sears, mainly because of price. However, I have never had issues with tires bought from Sam's. I have, however, had more problems buying tires from an independent, yet high volume, shop.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
0208 was the last four. so as I know it ,it means second week in jan of 2008.
I got the tires b/c of the pattern on the tire. I use the beach alot and sugar sand is the norm. these tires work great if not for the rott.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
:iagree:You still put miles on them. Your main problem is that Sears doesn't sell many tires so they are not going through them fast enough and you end up getting new old tires. Sam's is high volume and moves a lot of tires so this usually will not happen. Sam's in my area moves more tires than most tire shops and always have better prices. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
:iagree:You still put miles on them. Your main problem is that Sears doesn't sell many tires so they are not going through them fast enough and you end up getting new old tires. Sam's is high volume and moves a lot of tires so this usually will not happen. Sam's in my area moves more tires than most tire shops and always have better prices. Good luck on your decision.
sams is a joke. they wont go an inch over stock

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Everything Sears sucks! My parents have been having a nightmare dealing with their service people because of busted dryer that they have a plan on... Techs have been out to the house 3 times now, and can't fix this crap...

I will never buy any anything from Sears... MAYBE tools

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
281 Posts
Everything Sears sucks! My parents have been having a nightmare dealing with their service people because of busted dryer that they have a plan on... Techs have been out to the house 3 times now, and can't fix this crap...

I will never buy any anything from Sears... MAYBE tools
well sears has always been fair to me these past couple of years. the stores are great compared to home depot or walmart where u cant find anyone to help you. as far as the service techs i know its a diffrent section of sears but i havent delt with them yet. And one more thing....all my tools are CRAFTSMAN!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts