Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me start of with on a scale of 1-10 in ref to mechanics I am a 3. On Electrical I'm probably a 8. That being said I am wanting to seafoam my engine, and have read great reviews about introducing it through the brake booster. My question is in two different posts they quote two different hose lines, which one is right? I have included both photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
nooooo pour the seafoam through the hose thats unplugged from the brake booster (the vacuum will suck it through the hose into the intake manifold)..

make sure you have a small funnel and turn on the engine and start pouring (1/3 bottle)

then turn off the engine.. wait 10 minutes then turn it back on and watch the smoke show (after you reconnect the line of course

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nooooo pour the seafoam through the hose thats unplugged from the brake booster (the vacuum will suck it through the hose into the intake manifold)..

make sure you have a small funnel and turn on the engine and start pouring (1/3 bottle)

then turn off the engine.. wait 10 minutes then turn it back on and watch the smoke show (after you reconnect the line of course
Thanks, I think, I'm still confused. Which one is the vacuum line? The big one on the firewall or the little one the guy is holding in his hand? :confused:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Thanks, I think, I'm still confused. Which one is the vacuum line? The big one on the firewall or the little one the guy is holding in his hand? :confused:
The one he has in his hand was unplugged from the brake booster....THAT's the one you pour the Seafoam into (when the engine is running, you'll feel suction in that hose).
Another bit of info...when you do it, pour it SLOWLY, or it will kill the engine before you want to.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks all. One last question: once i have funnel in hand and seafoam in other, can i start the truck run around the fender and unplug the vacuum line and start pouring or do i really need to have a second person to work the ignition while I do this?

And I know somebody is going to comment, if you have seafom in one hand and funnel in the other how are you going to turn the ignition, :laugh: you know what I mean.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thanks guys!!!!! Or gals!!!! whichever it may be. :tiphat:hail::tiphat:hail::thx

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If you look close, it is the same hose in both pictures. The second picture shows the hose still connected to the brake booster.

·
Registered
804 Posts
You dont need two people to do this... Just pop the vacuum line off go start the vehicle pour the seafoam and go back and shut off the vehicle.

Nothing too hard...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
140 Posts
I did truck yesterday. I only did the vacuum and fuel. I only waited 5 min and the smoke was not bad. The truck has 90k and i expected more smoke. lol Next time I'll wait 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
I ran seafoam through the brake booster yesterday as well and I didn't get that much smoke. Then again I'm at 52,xxx but I expected more than that. Never the less the TB is running much better now, much smoother idle. I also just ran seafoam through one of my commercial mowers.. dang that was alot more smoke than I got out of the TB. I'm uploading the video of it onto youtube right now.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Just did it on mine for the first time @ 132k miles. But I only managed to get some of it on video. I'm going to be uploading that on youtube very soon.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Classic :laugh:. ya you were write, not much educational value there but funny to watch.

eh...lol there's more to it but camera got messed up lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts