Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was putting on my 5pc grill, I will post pics in a little while, and I scratched the bumper in the tow hook hole a little bit. :bonk: Should I be worried about the paint peeling over time? Can I just touch it up? Or is it ok because the bumper is plastic? :thx

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
If you can take a pic it would help, but I would think you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I have had a nasty rub mark on my rear bumper since before I owned the truck (ex-owner's wife backed into something (surprise, surprise!!)) and there hasn't been any signs of peeling or blistering.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,219 Posts
I was hit on my rear bumper and it got scratched up. That was about 4 years ago and i've had no peeling or chipping. If it's a light enough scratch, you might be able to polish it out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess its more of a gouge then a scratch. The sharp edge of the grill kind of dug into the bumper a bit because it slipped out of my hand when I was trying to line up the holes to mount it. I tried to take a pic but you can't see it.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
I would only be concerned if it bugs you cosmetically. You could get some touch up paint to put on it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would only be concerned if it bugs you cosmetically. You could get some touch up paint to put on it.
Oh it bugs the hell out of me, but that is the way I am. It also bugs me that the driver side grill for the tow hook is a bit uneven. Nobody else has noticed it but it drives me crazy. I woke up this morning thinking about it. :weird: But at this point there is nothing I can do. :hopeless

1 - 6 of 6 Posts