Registered
2003 chevy
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
I just emailed the guy from Danbury, CT....that's a perfect center console for me to tear apart and try to build the emergency vehicle console I want for my truck. Thanks for pointing these out!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dear god Ive lead the vultures to the unsuspecting prey:eek:...lol .Dont do it man it looks like a nice truck may be ab le to buy the whole thing on the cheap. if you talk to him b4 i do see what hes talking for the whole truck and let me know. and just in case he doesnt want to sell try car-part.com or if you have pull a part junk yards up them as well.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
dear god Ive lead the vultures to the unsuspecting prey:eek:...lol .Dont do it man it looks like a nice truck may be ab le to buy the whole thing on the cheap. if you talk to him b4 i do see what hes talking for the whole truck and let me know. and just in case he doesnt want to sell try car-part.com or if you have pull a part junk yards up them as well.
Don't get me wrong, I am not a vulture by any means.

The problem with is, he states that there is some heavy damage to the passenger side of the truck. Not sure what kind of wreck it was in, but he is basically saying that anything on the right side(all outside and some inside parts) are basically junk and not able to salvage.

So my question, what else is there to do with that truck? Replace all of the passenger side body panels, then find if the frame is bent and how bad, then replace all of the interior items that were damaged beyond repair(the rear door panel is missing in the picture). After all of that, how much money have you spent on fixing the truck itself? If for some reason his insurance company did not give him any money for the truck, then what ever he can make selling off the good parts is a benefit for the owner. It appears to me that they are placing this ad as a last resort, or else they would have fixed it themselves and kept the truck.

Or, maybe the insurance company totalled the truck and wrote the owner a check for the value and they bought the truck back, and now they are just making a little extra money by selling off the parts. In this tough economy, every penny counts. So if I can help someone buy purchasing a part of their truck, then I am doing my part to help, as little as it may be

The other truck, there is no description so who knows what is wrong with it, so you can't even tell if the truck is worth it or not from that ad.

Sorry, but those ads are in the right place. If that was a member that had posted about his wreck and I jumped in asking "hey, what are you going to do with these parts?", then yes, the vulture tag would fit. However, that was not the case. Maybe this was a member that didn't want to post on here, or maybe it's a complete stranger that has no idea about TrailVoy. Either way, they advertised that they were "Selling for parts". If they can part them out and help other Trailblazer owners fix something that might be wrong with their functioning ride, then it is a better home for those parts, IMO :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
not calling you a vulture. i just like to see good cars ride on. insurance companies write some really nice cars that sometimes need a little tlc. trust me my last few cars have been writeoffs. my avatar is a writeoff and im bringing her back slowly but surely. but i called too and its a parts truck but it is a pretty one. so go for it friend and snatch up a few extra pieces for down the road to good knowing people can use the parts. and no offense on the vulture thing..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.