Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the water spots that just won't go away. I've tried everything I can think of to get them out. I went to a glass shop and asked them about it but they said they couldn't do anything about it. Only thing would be to replace the windows.

I remember on here a long time ago that someone said something about taking a really fine grit sandpaper or something and just wet sanding them down... I've done a search for the thread but have come up empty.

Am I crazy or can this be done??? I'm getting really tired of seeing the spots and the tint in the back brings the spots out.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
limeaway,,i know it sounds crazy but spray some of it on and it usually works.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
limeaway,,i know it sounds crazy but spray some of it on and it usually works.:thumbsup:
Tried it. I've tried just about everything I've found searching on Trailvoy. None of them have worked.

I know that the company that get all my detailing supplies from has a glass polish that can be used with the random orbital buffer...

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product.../car+polishes/fine+glass+polish,+16+ounces.do

try this first.
I'll have to try this. Thanks!

Edit:

Oh, and the newspaper, that is what I normally use to clean my windows!

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
I forget the name, but when I used to detail I used a paste window polish on a high speed buffer. IF the claybar didn't work. Try claybar if you've got some and then move on to the polish. There is no way you should have to replace windows because of water spots.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
Mine was definitely no better after the claybar...

jsprewell, Not sure how bad yours are, but here's a shot of our Suburban's at work. They sit outside all the time and just bake in the sun. Plus, whenever most people wash them, they don't get hand dried...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Diamondite Glasswork kit. There are hand or machine (cordless drill) kits available. Removed the water spots easily on mine.

My back window has some actual scratches in it that I discovered using the Glasswork kit, they also make a glass repair kit, it arrives tomorrow, hope it works as well.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
371 Posts
I used a plain old razor blade to get the spots off my windows before applying my decals. Worked like a charm.

My wife just suggested Coke on a rag...the kind you drink not the kind you snort. Pour the Coke on the rag and wipe it all over then rinse it off right away.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
Did you try barkeepers friend. Its a powder like comet but made for glass. I used it on my buddies truck after he removed the cap that had been on there for a few years. Worked great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts