Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my headliner in my '07 TB LT. Behind the sunroof, where the dome light is, the headliner keeps sagging/dropping down. I can push up on it and it will stay for about a minute and then I can hear the "velcro" releasing and it drops back down. It is only dropping about 2-3 inches, but it is really annoying. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Can I pull out the dome light and re-attach it somehow? Any help would be appreciated, and I am enjoying this site. Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
132 Posts
I got a 02 and it does the same thing behind the sunroof push it up everyother day velcro releases in minutes. Its done this from year one hate it:hissy:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time to suede your headliner!:yes:
Although I have seen some good suede headliner recoverings, that is not for me thanks. I don't need it recovered, the headliner is not separating from the backing, the whole panel is sagging.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else have any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2006 chevy
298 Posts
looks like there is no support for that area, other than the light assy. did it get wet at one time?? It looks like a total replacemnt may be in order. The "cardboard" part of the headliner sounds like it is failing. other than replacement, a thin rigid strip of metal fastened to the underside of it may work.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like there is no support for that area, other than the light assy. did it get wet at one time?? It looks like a total replacemnt may be in order. The "cardboard" part of the headliner sounds like it is failing. other than replacement, a thin rigid strip of metal fastened to the underside of it may work.
I don't believe it got wet...I bought it in Oct. '09 and it was that way when I bought it. I just didn't notice that it was sagging until after my initial 30-day warranty. The rigid strip of metal idea sounds do-able. Do you know the best way to get the light assy. off/out without damaging it? It might try some type of adhesive/glue just behind the light.

·
Banned
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,253 Posts
My wife's Bravada is having the same issues. Directly above the head of both the driver and passenger, just behind the sunroof, is what feels like a 2" square support post that velcro's to the roof of the truck. The velcro is completely worn out and it will not remain on the roof.

I am thinking I need to just pull the entire headliner out to be able to get a clearer pictures as to whats going on, and hopefully replace the velcro contact points that are giving me trouble.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
249 Posts
Speaking of headliners!!! anyone know where i can get some fake Gucci print material? i wanna have my headliner Gucci!!!!! lol

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Anyone else have any thoughts?
i have an 05 TB and the same thing is happening with the head liner when it is down open ur sunroof and look up there you will see 2 white plastic pieces one on each side what happend is the back of the velcro probably let loose from the roof. Thats what mine, i havent done it yet but my plan is to get some appoxy or some tar and get the back piece of the velcro to stick back to the roof then once that holds push the head liner back up to get the 2 pieces of velcro to stick back together and it should hold.

once i do it i will let you know if you get to it before me if u wanna try it lemme know how it went thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
On an 06`+ the wiring and lights are attached to the head liner, the headliner is held up by the fact hat it is ridged, Velcro tabs, and the surrounding trim pieces. A quick and dirty way to "fix" this would be to carefully slit the clothe drill a hole through the backing and inject epoxy were the roof support is then glue the cloth back in place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts