Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing BellTech coilovers (BellTech part number 21017) on my 9-7X. BellTech is owned by KW (a German suspension company) and this kit actually uses KW Variant 3 shocks (adjustable compression, rebound, and height) with KW springs. It included front coilovers (springs and shocks) and rear shocks/springs. The rear shocks were designed to replace the stock shocks in the rear. I left in the stock airbags. The kit came with springs for the rear, but I didn't use them. It seems that either way is acceptable. The installation was fairly easy (there are how-to guides on tbssowners.com) and only took about 4 hours.

http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_Products/20_KW_Coilovers/30_Variant_3/index.php

Tim

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Oh, that's a nice product. Not for me, because we offroaders need longer coilovers. But I see the KW catalog has some very high spring rate units meant for heavier Acuras and Mercedes, up in the 700-800 lb-in range. If only we could convince them to put together a unit with high spring rate and increased travel. Sigh....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any lift change?

Did installing this set up give you any more height, or does this company have a system that can raise the suspension? I am looking at "toughening" my 97x similar to the trail ready outbacks that you see. I want a little height clearance, some agressive tires etc. to get me a little bit of off road ability. Can you give me any help in that area?

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The BellTech/KW V3 suspension won't give you any extra height.

If you want a higher riding, more off road capable SUV, then answer is simple. Swap in the stock shocks and springs from a standard Trailblazer, Envoy, or Bravada. Any aftermarket suspension parts for those SUVs should work also.

The rear suspension can be raised by adjusting the ride height sensors, but you will probably want to change the shocks when you do that.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts