Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front of my hood is rusting. It's bubbling up from the underside. When I looked under the hood the "weld Joint" is all rusted and cracked. Anyone else have this problem - and suggestions on how to approach the dealer.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Join the club, don't think us with 02's have any options at the dealer to have them repair or replace them anymore (free of charge that is). Mine is bubbling on the front lip as well (from the inside out). It really doesn't look all that bad on the inside, but the outside is showing bubbles now. Got a quote from one place, they said if they repaired it it would just come back. So they gave me a quote for an oem hood and a aftermarket and both were in the 6-7hundo range painted. I have since put a color matched bug deflector on and couldn't be happier :woot:. There is something called Marhyde that has prevented any more growth for one member, but he nor anyone has been able to reply as to where to get the stuff.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
My 02 envoy has rust in the same spot. Also rusted on the radiator support. Won't be long I will need bungees to hold the hood down. The rear gate has rust through at both bottom corners. and the two rear doors are showing rust at the bottom hems. Not coming through the outer panel yet. I tried getting the dealer to fix them under warranty and basically got the middle finger.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
21 Posts
My 02 has had a body color deflector on since new but is still starting to rust pretty bad on the right underside of the hood. We just got another 02 in at the dealership where I work and it is worse. You can see bubbles on the outside and its bad enough on the underside that I cut my finger going for the hood release. Just another trailvoy annoyance but still not enough to outweigh how much I love this vehicle. :D

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
72 Posts
I just had mine replaced by the dealer for free in Aug of this year. got an 04.. at the time i was @ about 80500 mile. Dealer said if i waited two more days to bring it in they would have said kick rocks.

I guess i got lucky... although they would not do anything about all four doors and rear gate rusting... but the hood looks great!

Thanks GM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.