Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with rust on the inside of the door handle? My driver side passenger door handle came loose. I had it checked out and was told that it had rusted on the inside around the door handle and that's why it came loose. He said that I would probably have to get a new door. Help!!

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
17 Posts
Tin Shield/Retainer Rusted Away

My 06 envoy same door left rear, the tin plate that holds the handle in rusted away. I'm right now tryijg to find one and the dealer says he doesnt see it in the catalog. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to try a junk yard and have it painted. I kinda think my car was a flood car :(

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
17 Posts
Tin Plate

I dont think you need a new door, I think you probably just need a new tin plate that holds the handle in. My handle came loose and it is just a tin plate that goes on under the retaining bolt that holds the handle in. The dealer said he doesnt see the plate, so they either discontinued it or it is sold with the handle.

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt
33 Posts
Rear door handle washer retainer rusted

If anyone knows where to get the tin handle retainer, PLease let me know:bonk::bonk:
My 05 envoy had rust bleeding into clear coat of left rear drivers side door. It was strong, but when I took the door apart it was completely rusted. That foam insert on the piece just held water and made the problem worse. I looked online and there is not replacement part. I went to 2 GM dealerships and there is no replacement part. It is somehow welded or tig welded to the inside door pannel. It clearly rusted off the weld for me to take it off so easily. I fixed that major portion by using the steel putty along the crack. I painted with rustoleum and sprayed with plastic/vinyl paint (one for dipping rope and tool ends) and put back on the door after much frustration. It has been over a year and has held up, but I think we need a place to machine one for us it looks. How can a part that rusts not be replaceable?? It is an amazing engineering blunder.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW....that is probably what mine looks like. From what I have been told as well there is not anything that can be done.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
17 Posts
Tin man repair

FOR MINE I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS PART OF THE DOOR, SO WHEN I COULDN'T FIND A REPLACEMENT BRACKET, I JUST GRABBED A PIECE OF HEAVY TIN FROM MY SHED AND BENT AND DRILLED IT TO MATCH WHAT WAS LEFT OF THE OLD ONE AND IT WORKED GREAT, AND SINCE I PRIMED AND PAINTED IT IT WILL OUTLAST THE REST OF THE DOORS. THANKS MASTER ENGINEER :suicide:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
17 Posts
Handle bracket

On ebay i did see a rf handle that included the inner bracket but since i needed a lr that would not work for me, the bracket probably maybe would work but i am cheep cheep cheep.

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
2 Posts
Locating Replacement Bracket

Anyone have any luck using a Trailblazer, Envoy, 9-7x etc. replacement part from a salvage yard or junk yard? Are they universal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts