Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,545 Posts
Join the club. This year for some reason the bubbling really showed up on the front. Ya, mine started from the inside and is showing signs on the outside now. I just got a clear bug deflector color matched to cover all that up.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
624 Posts
Yep same here. My 03 started to rust on the hood. It was helped with a nasty chip from a rock though. About two weeks ago i ordered a bug shield and touch up paint. My doors are going to; starting on the bottom inside. I live in PA and they love salt......:duh:

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
485 Posts
I too have a 2003 and the rust under the hood started "bubbling" after the first winter that I owned it. I've used Marhyde on it twice and it never spread any further (same with the inside bottom of all the doors).

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I too have a 2003 and the rust under the hood started "bubbling" after the first winter that I owned it. I've used Marhyde on it twice and it never spread any further (same with the inside bottom of all the doors).
What is that stuff, where do you get it? Sounds like I could use some of that

·
Registered
21 Posts
underhood rust

I live in the Eire PA rust belt. Mine is an 02 and it had a bugshield put on when new and it is bubbling bad under the mount for the bugshield on the underside of the hood. Also on the bottoms of the doors. Hatch is still clean and underneath is holding up well. Gotta love road salt.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,285 Posts
Yikes! Im in Michigan, where your manliness is judged by how much road salt you keep on your cars in the winter.... Yet the only place I have noticed any rust in the prop-rod hole under my hood. I just replaced my bug shield last month (old one was realllly faded & scratched) and it looked good (no rust).

I will be totally bummed when it starts to rust. I love my 'Voy!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,037 Posts
:nono:It's like a cancer, if you don't sand it and put some paint on it, it will spread and eventually eat through! The wind deflector is a good idea, but you do need to spend the small amount it will take to insure it don't go any further. Just my:m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
13 Posts
Maaco

I developed the same problem in the exact same place after moving to the Michiana area for school. Road salt is evil.... necessary but still evil.

If you live in places that get a lot of snow in winter please get your car (including the underbody) washed weekly. 10 bucks a week in winter car washes will go a long way if you plan to hang on to your car for a long time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.