Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Receiving a P0014 code, I pulled the CPS and gave it a good cleaning. Wile under the hood I also cleaned the TB and did the Seafoam treatment.

TB ran great for a couple days, but is now running worse than before. Doesn’t even like to start without a hiccup now. And gas mileage is in the pooper (as someone else so eloquently put it).

So I get the codes scanned and this is what I find:
P0013 Cam Position Actuator Circuit Malfunction.
P0014 Cams Position Actuator B Bank 1 Timing Over-advance
P0014 <pending>
P0017 Cam/Crank Position Correlation Sensor

If I am reading it right, 07TB's information in the following thread: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=30916 makes it seem like the P0017 could be relatively minor (replace the sensor) or fairly major (Camshaft endplay out of spec).

So my question is, should I just bite the bullet and replace the 2 sensors and hope for the best, or take it to the stealer right from the start? I guess by replacing the sensors I am only out the cost of them if there’s a bigger problem.

Is the Cam/Crank correlation sensor the one that requires a CASE Relearn when replaced? I don’t think it is, but would like confirmation.

One last thing (o.k., I guess I had 3 questions). The truck is still within my extended powertrain warranty. Are sensors something typically covered by powertrain warranties? Obviously, all warranties are different and I haven’t dug out my book yet. Just wondering.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

2X

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

Performance is going downhill fast and I would greatly appreciate any insight/advice here, so that maybe I could address it over the weekend...

Thanks again

2X

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I thought it was obvious that the warranty issue needed to be addressed to the dealer or by reading your contract. We don't have access to those resources.

If they say no, I would throw in the Cam sensor and actuator after checking them out for flaky wiring or gunked up connectors. P0013 could indicate an open or short in the wiring, and could be the ultimate root cause. As could a bad sensor or actuator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts