Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i know use the search. I did quickly but its getting dark and im trying to finish tonight.

does anyone have a picture on how they ran there new speaker wire through the rubber thing between door and vehicle.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Were are you running the wire from and too, is it for a amp or something. If so just run it under the carpet and under the plastic pieces just on the inside.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
running new wire from speakers and tweeters in door to amp. i cant get them through the wire thing between the door and the cab because all the wires run into a connector. how did you guys do it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good lord. if i wasnt putting tweeter in the door i would use factory. But i am and im doing it the right way so i guess i will tackle this thing in the morning. the funny thing was i tought about drilling the hole, and the first thing it says "dont drill a hole":dielaugh: My local stereo guy told me i would have to do this but i told him he was full of it and i will find away around it. guess he was right and thats why he gets paid to do this and i dont.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep i always have a hard time putting that stuff back in and on to the vehicle. BOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine all stay in. I thought it was supposed to do that. HAHA o'well as long as stupid pieces go back together. About how long per door to get through the molex.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
61 Posts
i know i know use the search. I did quickly but its getting dark and im trying to finish tonight.

does anyone have a picture on how they ran there new speaker wire through the rubber thing between door and vehicle.
This is a time consuming task but when done right looks very professional. What I did was disconnect the junction connector between the door and body, then with that disconnected it's much easier to pull the wires through one boot at a time. Use some grease on the wire and a pair of needle nose pliers to open up one end of the rubber boot. Push the wire through from the inside of your truck and work your way out to the door. As for the boot that goes into the door, you can pull it out and feed the wires through. This is much easier then trying to see the wire from inside the door.

Lube makes a big difference when pulling your wire. lol :tiphat

Good luck and hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
468 Posts
Nice article find .. real good info on there.. this is going to be useful when I add my amp to the door speakers..

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
15 Posts
Hey JBaer i just ran my 14 awg speaker wire last week, it was a pain getting it through the rubber boot. Then i sprayed a little sylicone in them went right in. I ran all 4 doors to the back and used 50 ft of wire.:)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well did the 2 back doors in a about an hour. Took some pics to maybe help in the future.

1 remove door panel and speaker. With flat head screw driver push in on middle of molex plug. This will release that side. Close rear door half way go around to front push in middle of molex plug. Plug should now be loose to pull out. Tip: remove plugs coming from vehicle from the front side of back door.

2 once plugs remover and all you have is the wires coming from door. pull out the back side of rear door. I used a drimal to make hole right behind the catch for the plugs that you just removed.

Front side view of hole
[/IMG]

Rear side side view of hole
[IMG]http://i597.photobucket.com/albums
/tt53/jasonbaer33/TB/IMG_3950.jpg[/IMG]

3. this will take time. Drill test fit drill test fit. When it fits grab it pull it through. Put boot back onto molex plug

[/IMG]

4. Once wire is pulled through i found it easier to push plug back into area between door and vehicle pull new wire back into car then go around to front side of rear door to put 2 plugs back in.

5. once plugs are back in push molex back into hole in vehicle.

[/IMG]

6. now pat yourself on the back for a good job and get ready to do it all over again on door two.

took about 20-30 min a door.

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
Sorry I didnt see this earlier, here are a few i took (using 12 ga spkr wire)

I have more around here somewhere, just gotta find em.

I had a few remote start harness sleve's laying around so I used them for the front doors where the rubber doesn't go from the jam to the door

1 - 20 of 25 Posts