1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I have been putting some serious blood, sweat, and tears, (and money ),
yet I am still having the same or similar issues happening.

Recent repairs:
Fan clutch and water pump installed
Tension pulley replaced.
camshaft position sensor replaced.
both oxygen sensors cleaned
Throttle body cleaned WELL
transmission fluid and filter change
complete brake job, rotor and pads,
Upper and lower control arms w/ ball joints

Problem
at idle, it seems to lope or be very all over the place, and ocassionally it will stall. during normal driving it acts great. coming to a stop, it used to "lurch" forward, with the rpm drop and recover. that issue seemed to go away after the throttle was cleaned, but has started again today. I am to the point I need help deciding which route to take to get this fixed. PLEASE HELP!

also, my fuel level sending unit has not worked in a long time, I have been told that your fuel pump wont last much longer after that happens. could my fuel pump be the culprit? any way to test it?

ALSO, my camshaft position actuator solenoid moved very freely within its area, should it move it all???

please any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Are you getting a check engine light?

My Camshaft solenoid fit very tight, if yours is loose so that doesn't sound right. Are the three screens still attached?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only code of get is 02 sensor, and that is very intermittent and rare. no other codes, at any time. I haven't pulled the cam solenoid, it just rotates freely while still attached to the engine. I am planning to take it off today, I'm sure it needs cleaning, if not replaced. everything I have replaced this far has been OEM parts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there a way I can test my fuel pump without taking it out? my fuel sending unit quit working a long time ago, so I know the pump can't be far behind.... but I really don't have 350 bucks to dump on a new one if my existing is still pumping fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replaced camshaft sensor, but not the crank sensor. would that cause the problem? should those be replaced together?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need to know if the Dorman brand cam solenoid will work ok, or if I need a specific brand of sensor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here I was able to get an AC DELCO, from the dealership for the about the same price as a dorman from Autozone. I ordered two Dorman from Rock auto for around 30 or so, ended up returning one and will have to eat the last one. A lot of people don't like dorman so I just went with that. You can try it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
UPDATE: just checked my plugs and they are platinum plugs, OE calls for the iridium specific 103s from AC Delco. could that be causing me any issues?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't know. I wouldn't listen to me anyhow. After everything I have replaced engine light came back on! So know I may have to actually take it somewhere!:bonk:

·
Registered
2005 chevy
23 Posts
Mine just started doing this too, I noticed it a few days ago. I was in reverse and it suddenly stalled. then the next day as I was driving at low speeds or at almost a stop, it would stall. I pulled both battery terminals off for 2 hours and then after putting them back on, it was still idling low like it wanted to stall. So I held the gas steadily at 2000rpm for 2 minutes and it seemed to clear it. It doesn't stall now, but every now and then while driving, it does drop rpms. no idea what it is. I'm also using plat plugs that are maybe a month old. It's weird, I checked the oil under the DIC and it says the life is at 68%, I just had it changed a month ago too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts