Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

Anyone ever used their fog lights as DRL's with HID's? I want to put HID's on, but I still like having my running lights. I'm not so sure about doing the capacitor mod, and I thought it might be possible to wire the fogs into the running lights. My only other thought is putting HALO's on, which I'm pretty ok with as they look sweet :D Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
It has been done....have you tried the search feature...or google it?? Maybe someone will chime in and be able to help you out!!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hids

Okay guys. I've been looking everywhere for an example of someone doing this, and so far I can't find anyone. I want to put a set of DDM Tuning HID'S on my 05 LT. The only thing holding me up has been the running light issue. I am considering doing the capacitor mod, but am not crazy about my HID's running all the time. I also like having running lights, so the DRL killer is out. Has anyone ever used their fog lights as DRL's? If so how did you wire it, if not, any ideas? My only other idea is to buy a set of HALO headlights and use the Halo's as DRL's. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

EDIT Sorry this is a repeat thread. I forgot I posted this topic already

·
Registered
2002 chevy
83 Posts
Funny thing is that all TB:s sold in Sweden have the fogs for DRL and swithing over to lowbeams when its dark enough outside.
I want to have it this way, but i haven't figured out what the difference is. Is it the wireing or is it Bmc programming??.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts