Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Chevy Trailblazer with 176,000 on it, bought it over a month ago and within 2 weeks it started to get up to 235 degrees going up hills then start cooling off going down hill, thought maybe thermostat and replaced it with a 192, was still having the issue and had over looked the part that the upper rad hose had no pressure to it and a little coolant around the cap so I replaced it and it seemed to fix it but now it's starting to do it again and run around 210-212 just replaced the cap again to see if maybe that was the issue but its now idling at 199 so I'm not sure what to think, fan is still good, water pump is good as well plus when I turn on the heat it kinda helps a little with the temp and brings it down slowly about 7-8 degrees

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normal operation temps for the 4.2 LL8 is say 206 to 212ish.
It's always ran 192-195 the past 2 weeks till today, the highest I saw the temp go on my obd reader was 219, and it goes up very fast when going up hill

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,565 Posts
The dash temp gauge is not very accurate, normal operating temp for the 4.2 is around 195 degrees, the dash will show around 210 at that point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dash temp gauge is not very accurate, normal operating temp for the 4.2 is around 195 degrees, the dash will show around 210 at that point.
Mine hasn't been off by much at all, I have a obd reader that shows live data and what the temp is

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,054 Posts
I also use OBD2 data for all my engine parameters and thus my stated 206° to 212° F temps are from engine the OBD2 data stream, not a dash gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts