Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went to this shop to see about molded running boards, and they said it would cost around $500 installed....seemed kinda high

how much do molded boards run for / what kind would you suggest?

thanks!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
People sell their stock ones all of the time...I think there is actually some in the classified section here, look under the Marketplace tab at the top of the screen. Or check your local craigslist or ebay.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
People sell their stock ones all of the time...I think there is actually some in the classified section here, look under the Marketplace tab at the top of the screen. Or check your local craigslist or ebay.
This is what I did a year ago. The factory ones are built very strong. You can usally pick them up fairly cheap too. I would make sure if you get aftermarket ones I would watch out for having to drill holes. Set in classifieds for 100 bucks right now. Good price even when you add shipping.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
107 Posts
mine stock ones are for sale. i think they will fit yours.

I just realized you sent me the email lol.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
10 Posts
denali running boards

So I bought this 07 Denali for one reason: only way to get a V8 in the short-body Envoy. I want to remove the running boards and swap the 18s for some 17s. I'm not really a street truck kind of guy. I live in coastal NC and frequently drive on the beach to surf fish, or just to have all the gear right there for family beach outings. I also travel to PA in the winter time and encounter deep snow on occasion. Unlike its big brother (yukon), the Envoy Denali actually has a real 4wd, complete with a low range. As we all know, it's a real truck, built on a ladder frame, with a real truck engine, real truck transmission, and real truck axles, only there aren't a whole lot of real truck tires available in 245/60R18, save for the Michelin LTX M/S. I've seen a few auctions on eBay for 17" rims, saying they'll fit everything but the Denali trim package. I'm guessing this is because the running boards limit the clearance--I can't imagine what else would cause a problem. It's the same bumper set, right? I heard there is still a smooth rocker panel beneath the running board. Any truth to that? I haven't had time to pull the boards off myself. So what I basically want to do is a Denali to SLT conversion, leaving me with a V8 SLT with some nice wood trim inside and a flashy grill. Has anybody else done this? I'll probably hang onto all the hardware, since my taste changes from time to time.:cool:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
So I bought this 07 Denali for one reason: only way to get a V8 in the short-body Envoy. I want to remove the running boards and swap the 18s for some 17s. I'm not really a street truck kind of guy. I live in coastal NC and frequently drive on the beach to surf fish, or just to have all the gear right there for family beach outings. I also travel to PA in the winter time and encounter deep snow on occasion. Unlike its big brother (yukon), the Envoy Denali actually has a real 4wd, complete with a low range. As we all know, it's a real truck, built on a ladder frame, with a real truck engine, real truck transmission, and real truck axles, only there aren't a whole lot of real truck tires available in 245/60R18, save for the Michelin LTX M/S. I've seen a few auctions on eBay for 17" rims, saying they'll fit everything but the Denali trim package. I'm guessing this is because the running boards limit the clearance--I can't imagine what else would cause a problem. It's the same bumper set, right? I heard there is still a smooth rocker panel beneath the running board. Any truth to that? I haven't had time to pull the boards off myself. So what I basically want to do is a Denali to SLT conversion, leaving me with a V8 SLT with some nice wood trim inside and a flashy grill. Has anybody else done this? I'll probably hang onto all the hardware, since my taste changes from time to time.:cool:
from what I remember the Denali boards are the rocker panels so you woulld need to buy some textured ones or some smooth paint to match ones.

PM member jayd1563 as he just did the Denali swap so he'll have some stock rockers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts