Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to go with this as I have tried to search for this but nothing comes close to resembling the issue I'm having. Being as mechanically declined as I am, maybe I'm just not searching the right way...

When my 2002 TB LTZ is in motion starting about 15-20 mph and up, I get a noise from the front end that sounds similar to running over a rumble strip on the highway, or perhaps that "new tread" sound from brand new tires for the first few miles you ride them.

No vibration, no grinding sounds or SES lights, its an otherwise smooth ride, no pull to either side. At first I thought it was the fact I had worn tires, but they continued when I got new tires and have persisted for weeks. I noticed also that the sounds seems slightly more prominent when I go on a curve to the left and slightly less noisy when I curve right.

This has gone on for quite some time and it has not changed in volume or pitch, but it's something I would like to address before it becomes a problem.

Any suggestions on where to investigate would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Check your front wheel hub assemblies. I believe you will find the right front
worn. There are some good write ups here.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
2 Posts
CaptKenn is right I had the same problem, noise started at 20mph was told the wheel bearings was bad so I replaced the hub assembly on the right took it for a drive the noise was still there (but not as loud) so then I replaced the left and the noise went away

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much am I looking at for repairs if it indeed the assembly?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Parts prices run the whole spectrum.
Got mine for 100. Install in short time.
Not a bad job. I got good info from here.
It was easier than it sounds, assuming
everything comes apart. Good luck be safe
and use jackstands.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure where to go with this as I have tried to search for this but nothing comes close to resembling the issue I'm having. Being as mechanically declined as I am, maybe I'm just not searching the right way...

When my 2002 TB LTZ is in motion starting about 15-20 mph and up, I get a noise from the front end that sounds similar to running over a rumble strip on the highway, or perhaps that "new tread" sound from brand new tires for the first few miles you ride them.

No vibration, no grinding sounds or SES lights, its an otherwise smooth ride, no pull to either side. At first I thought it was the fact I had worn tires, but they continued when I got new tires and have persisted for weeks. I noticed also that the sounds seems slightly more prominent when I go on a curve to the left and slightly less noisy when I curve right.

This has gone on for quite some time and it has not changed in volume or pitch, but it's something I would like to address before it becomes a problem.

Any suggestions on where to investigate would be appreciated.
Should be wheel bearing especially when it gets louder going around bend ,it's wheel bearing assembly ,might as well order 2 at a time they seem to go bad every year or two unless originally last longer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts