Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well, those '64 Chevys were known for that....But seriously. How about telling us what make/model/year (trailvoy?) we're talking about.

And maybe something about it's mileage and whatever might be relevant about it's maintenance history. (Like, "well, I figured after 200,000 miles the plugs/fuel filter/air filter/yada yada were only just broken in," or whatever).

Anyway - other than providing some more info on what species of vehicle you're working on here, do you have any kind of a decent car scanner/code reader? Scan it for error codes.

If you just want to shoot in the dark, start by checking the fuel pressure.

And if you do want good help / advice, spend some more time on writing nice, clear sentences. Periods and capitalization and stuff. And that's not about being "grammar" or "writing" poiice or something. It's just that people have to be able to understand what you're describing.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,138 Posts
started up the truck this morning drove it yet doesn't want to go with the RPMs are low in when I put it in park and put on the gas it doesn't get very high RPM
1. Start engine
2. Have volunteer put hand in the exhaust discharge when you hit the throttle.
3. If discharge is weak ... or doesn't change much ... suspect a bad cat.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
205 Posts
Mine does that too. I was under the impression (not sure why though) that it was to prevent over-revving the engine with no load, as in being in park or neutral. It would be easy to program that in with a fly-by-wire throttle.

Maybe that's my Escape. I let the wife do most of the driving. But don't tell anyone . . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
You gotta “STAND ON IT “ man ! no, just kidding. Yes , have the cat. checked out by a mechanic, and also the fuel pressure AND the fuel rail and injectors if your talkin about trailblazer, because they have no flipping fuel filter! SMH.. Now who’s the genius that thought up that brilliant idea ?? Any how , mine was doing the same thing and I finally figured out that the last two injectors on the fuel rail , and the rail itself , at the end , was stopped up with this gravel lookin junk, ( from the fuel tank ) . It run like crap , fuel pressure was normal, new plugs, wires, head ache getting worse , still throwing all kinds of codes, then I found that in the fuel rail… Cleaned it out good, put it back together , and it run like a top.. I added my own fuel filter into the line so there’s no more problems there. Good luck hope this might help you .
:cool:

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,001 Posts
Just as an FYI, 2002 - 2004 TrailVoys do have replaceable fuel filters that are located outside of the fuel tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts