Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my new to me 06 envoy denali. Was doing fluid changes. Started at the front did engine oil, front dif and was then going to transfer case. Tried taking fill plug out and the hex head rounded out. My question is there another place i could fill it if i manage to get drain plug out? Saw a sensor near top of it was thinking i could fill there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried with no success. Is there another spot i could fill it? Didnt drain it yet but if i do i wana way to put fluid back in

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
How did you ever manage to round the hex head? :ugh: Oh, never mind. 10mm is kinda close to 7/16. :sadcry:

Problem is how are you going to check the level when you are done? That plug has to come out. If vice grips don't work with a cheater bar on the handle, then it is time to start grinding for another wrench. At that point I would carefully grind two flat surfaces for an open end wrench. PLEASE use plenty of Liquid Wrench. ;)

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Acctually not that uncommon to round it out considering its flush mount and a hex head and if its in there good its not a hard thing to do.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plus id just put in amount of fluid the call for and it would be fine.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,415 Posts
Maybe try heating up the area around the plug with torch and see if a 11mm (or anything slightly larger than 10 mm) wrench can be jammed in.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe try heating up the area around the plug with torch and see if a 11mm (or anything slightly larger than 10 mm) wrench can be jammed in.

As unfortunate as this is i tried that too. If i could just get old fluid out and new in id be good for 50k miles and worry bout it later.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up just payin shop 80 bucks to get plugs out and exchange fluid and put new plug back in. Was easier and faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts