Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Envoy and am experiencing a rough idle when the vehicle is in the drive position but when in the park position you hardly even know the engine is running. What gives with that? Anyone ever had that issue?
Rick:thx

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Yep. Odd, but true - you need to change your motor mounts. Use only OEM - not any aftermarket alternatives. It's a subtle, but miracle cure, assuming your roughness is a vibration around 10 times a second that goes away in neutral.

If it's an erratic idle where the RPMs fluctuate between 300-1000 RPM but only when the AC is on, that's a dirty throttle body. We also have the miracle cure for that.

Run a search on "motor mounts" to see the experiences of others including me on a search for a cure.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rough Idle Fix

Well I'll be. I had taken the vehicle to the dealership mechs and one of them told me the same thing. I drove away thinking this guy is an idiot just trying to get business for the shop. Now I feel like the idiot. Who would have thought motor mounts would create the problem I have. Thanks a bunch!
Rick:):thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts