Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought an 05 Trailbalzer with the I6 in it knowing it had a few issues. i've fixed all the suspension issues and am now on the last leg of the engine. Currently it has a rough idle (i suspect a bad motor mount) to include starting the engine and shutting it off it just kinda clunks to a stop. Once i bring the RPM up a little the roughness goes away. I have also noticed a VERY poor MPG. Im only getting just over 9 MPG. correct me if im wrong but that isnt even close. Let me give you a list of things i have done already to catch everyone up. Intake and throttle body have been cleaned. New plugs and 2 new coils. ive replaced the cam and crank sensor and the VVT solenoid. the CAT was plugged so i also cut that and welded a new one in. Oil and filter has been changed. i replaced the fan clutch (although still not 100% sure if the new one is working properly) and ive ran seafroam though the brake booster line.

The engine does seem a little louder than i would expect during acceleration but seems to be running well. It heats up to the correct temp and does not overheat. and last but not least NO CODES!! its got my stumped and i dont want to keep dumping money into it because its supposed to be my island beater but it kills me not knowing what the probelm is. any help or information is greatly appreciated. ive read most of the other threads and ive already done the things the others have suggested.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
13 Posts
I can think of a few things in general to look at... BG 44K fuel system cleaner, check the air filter, spark plugs, etc. that's my two cents where I would start.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,577 Posts
Another thing to check for the poor gas mileage is make sure the fuel pressure regulator is working and make sure the vacuum line is connected.

Rough idle (engine shaking) only at idle is usually a bad motor mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts