Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just got a 2005 Envoy 4.2L wth 140,000 miles on it. It had a rough idle so I cleaned the throttle body and it helped a bit. This morning the check meter light came on and i noticed that my oil pressure was going from half to a quarter back and forth. It was running pretty darn rough. Any info on how to fix this.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
16 Posts
Guarantee Fix! Not too hard but have to move power steering pump over but not bad at all and will pur like a kitten. But for some reason if that dont fix all, then time to change ignition coils..but easiest is to get codes to find which may be bad..let me know..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guarantee Fix! Not too hard but have to move power steering pump over but not bad at all and will pur like a kitten. But for some reason if that dont fix all, then time to change ignition coils..but easiest is to get codes to find which may be bad..let me know..

Will do! Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
16 Posts
Yes exactly what I said, and most likely if a misfire its one or more starter coils. I had same problem and it was P0301 first time around which is cylinder 1 misfire. So replaced that coil and all worked great. Then just recently, started doing again so I knew it was the same but which one I didn't know so scan revealed P0302 which is the number 2 cylinder. Hence 301, 302....
The cylinders are numbered from front to back so the cylinder closest to the front of car is number one.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Agree with EnvoyBoy

Don't start replacing stuff, get the codes read first. Its probably a bad coil or two and not the Cam position Actuator selenoid (don't get the two confused Cam positon sensor and CPAS). But you won't know unless you read the codes. Although it could be both.;)

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
16 Posts
drj2171, you are correct but as we all know and have read, its inevitable that they will eventually need replacement. So since we are quickly approaching winter (not sure where all are from) but definitely better doing it in this weather then them going bad and having to di in the heart of winter..and the parts are not that terribly hard to replace or extremely expencive if a little research is done and purchased online. Thats what I did to my sons 03 Envoy and all made a huge difference all around..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts