Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the posts on changing spark plugs,cleaning the throttle body and changing the fuel filter.I decided to do them my self I started with spark plugs I bought Bosch Platinum+4 I proceded to put them in coil packs 2-6 were easy the #1 coil pack was harder but I pop the top plastic cover off with a screwdriver and was able to get at it.Changed them out.Started up no problem drove around excellent throttle response next I got the throttle body and clean it and put it on and still excellent throttle response.When out for cruise was wet and rainy night when out of nowhere my envoy started to idle rough/missfire at stop and the check engine light came on drove home and parked it,The next day I changed the fuel filter and still no change (ilding rough,missfire)so after reading more posts on spark plugs I decided to try the ACDelco Iridium spark plug while I was taking out the Bosch plugs I noticed the #1 plug had a little heat discoloration plugs 2-6 had even heat discoloration on the metel prongs,so I put the ACDelco's in and fired it up with the same rough ilde/missfire next I took a spark plug tester and checked the spark from the coil to the plugs 2-6 fired the #1 there was no ark I check the #1 plug itself and never fired plugs,2-6 all fired with deposit on them so I figure out the #1 coil pack went shortly after I changed plugs.I ordered a coil pack $120 put it and no ses light or missfire as good as new.I had it stall out at christmas 3 times so I hope that it was just 1 coil pack that was going.:)

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Good job, welcome to the site :thumbsup:

Your the kind of new member we like (no work for us) :crackup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
might have worked on yours

I Welded for Budd Canada the supplier to every GMT 360/370/305Frame.So there is a small chance I might have worked your Dude!:nono:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts