Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! This is my first post, so I hope I threw this in the right place.

So I know there are already plenty of threads regarding this sort of thing... I changed my spark plugs, I used AC Delco 41-103 plugs, I made sure they were all gapped around .042, I used dielectric grease, I made sure the coil packs were seated correctly, and I checked all the connections. I've also cleaned the throttle body thoroughly. But it still idles rough! There aren't any misfires when I'm driving along, or even accelerating (although it does feel VERY slightly down on power). This is only at idle, and after setting off from a start. When the engine is hot, the idle oscillates between 500 and 650 or so when this is happening. Sometimes I get a CEL when driving, sometimes I don't. Usually it's the P0300 random misfire. It's all supremely annoying.

Does anyone have any new ideas regarding this? Could I have just gotten bad plugs? Should I just go get some of the OE Platinum plugs? I should mention that I have a pcmforless tune.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
835 Posts
If you didn't unhook the battery when cleaning the TB, I would unhook it for an hour and hook it back up. Hopefully that's all it is. Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts