Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Trailblazer 2WD 4.2 :

I had road debris take out the fan and shroud. It also cut the cooling line for the power steering on the right side of the motor. Upper radiator hose was cut also. Radiator was gouged in several places. I decided to replace the radiator, fan, shroud, water pump, and fan clutch. I am back up and running, but I have a shimmy in the motor at idle. Not a scary type of roughness, but I can feel it sitting in the seat. The truck seems to be operating correctly and I don't have any check engine lights or codes. I was running well before this incident. Something happened during the break up of the components that failed but I can't figure out what.

phoodieman

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
2006 Trailblazer 2WD 4.2 :

I had road debris take out the fan and shroud. It also cut the cooling line for the power steering on the right side of the motor. Upper radiator hose was cut also. Radiator was gouged in several places. I decided to replace the radiator, fan, shroud, water pump, and fan clutch. I am back up and running, but I have a shimmy in the motor at idle. Not a scary type of roughness, but I can feel it sitting in the seat. The truck seems to be operating correctly and I don't have any check engine lights or codes. I was running well before this incident. Something happened during the break up of the components that failed but I can't figure out what.

phoodieman View attachment 54852
I would suggest unplugging and replugging the electrical connection for fan a couple of times. I’ve done a couple dozen fan clutches on these over the years, and there is some weird circuitry going through that fan plug.
If the fan clutch was an el cheapo, pay close attention to plug.
Easy to mess up cam sensor when working in that area, but seems to always set code for me anyhow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts