Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My 02 TB started making a rough noise from front left. In the lat 2 years I’ve replaced both front wheel bearings, diff disconnect because of 4x4 issues. The noise continued so I replaced front left bearing again, the removed the front left cv joint and the noise continued. Then I removed the shaft between the front diff and the transfer case and the noise is still same. ANY THOUGHTS?
THANKS

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,787 Posts
If you are seeking help from "the roadie", he was banned from here several years ago.

Now, if you are willing to accept assistance from the rest of us, then fine.

My first question is does this happen only in 4 WD, 2 WD, etc.?

My second question for you is what brand of wheel hub assemblies have you been purchasing?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are seeking help from "the roadie", he was banned from here several years ago.

Now, if you are willing to accept assistance from the rest of us, then fine.

My first question is does this happen only in 4 WD, 2 WD, etc.?

My second question for you is what brand of wheel hub assemblies have you been purchasing?
it makes the noise in all driving modes and I have been using Autoshack hubs from Amazon.
Thanks

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,787 Posts
I believe one of your wheel hub assemblies is going bad.

I would suggest getting a set of one of the following brands of wheel hub assemblies - BCA, SKF, or ACDelco. Yes, you will pay more, but you will be purchasing quality parts you should not have to replace for many, many years and miles.

It sounds like you have replaced the left wheel hub twice. Am I correct?

I hate to say this but in looking at the Autoshack hubs, despite their assurance of being ISO/IAFT 16949 certified, they are more than likely Chinese, low end parts that were manufactured using sub-standard materials with little or no Quality Assurance/Quality Control.

By the way, auto parts are not ISO/IAFT certified. Manufacturers and manufacturing processes are ISO/IAFT certified. Autoshack hubs might have been manufactured in an ISO/IAFT facility, but I seriously doubt they were manufactured under ISO/IAFT Standard Operating Procedures.

Think of it this way - why are the preferred brands of most professionals (ACDelco, SKF, BCA) twice the price (or more) of the Autoshack wheel hubs? It's because these manufacturers use quality parts from the get go and have Quality Assurance/Quality Control built into each step of the manufacturing process. Plus they warrant their parts for more than 6 months.

Bite the bullet and purchase a decent pair of wheel hub assemblies, install them and then you won't have to worry about them going bad - again. I know that you can purchase these from rockauto.com or Amazon. The BCA and SKF wheel hubs are about $100 each, and the ACDelco ones are about $140 each with a lifetime warranty. I do know that prices tend to be higher in Canada.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts