Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my wife's 2003 Trailblazer LT EXT to a shop to get the right front half shaft replaced due to it going out and was making a minor noise when driving.

Anyway, I later get called to the auto shop, and they wanted to show me something..:worried: I get there with my wife and they asked me who replaced my brakes. I bought the vehicle last year, so the brakes were that way when I got them. He then pointed to the right front rotor. I did not notice anything at first and then they showed me the brake pad. The brake bad was wearing normally except that the top edge of the brake pad.

It was discovered that the rotors on the front of the car are the wrong size. The mechanic claimes that the EXT is supposed to have 12.8 ince rotors and what were on the front were the 12 ince rotors. I was advised that whomever did the brakes placed on the wrong size rotors on the front.

The rear were still in good shape and proper size of rotors.

Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Yep, the weiner mobiles, err EXT/XL models :), use a larger rotor and taller calliper mounting bracket. (I believe its the same caliper & pad, just that they're raised or position higher with the taller bracket to accomodate the larger rotor). I would absolutely get new pads and the correct rotors on ASAP.....you're stopping around 50-60% of the front braking force and once the non-wear areas meet, you'll have zero front brakes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the brakes were done by an owner who simply didn't know the difference. - Hopefully not a board member, who could have figured it out with a simple search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts