Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

roof rack

35K views 80 replies 33 participants last post by  BluesMan 
#1 ·
Any one on here know if i take the roof rack off if there is going to be nubs there or anything sticking up? I want to take mine off but was not sure. any insight would be greatful! thanks!

#2 ·
there are ten screws(5 per roof rack) once you take it off you will be left with holes....you can either use silicone to plug the holes or reuse the screws and make sure you use some teflon tape or silicone to prevent any leaking......good luck man!!

#13 ·
did you guys who used the plastic caps to plug the holes do anything about the nubs that are left sticking out above the actual sheet metal? i did the rack removal a month or so ago, and just put the stock screws back, but the metal recievers on top of the roof still stick about 1/4" above the sheet metal. any fixes?

#22 ·
If anybody wants an more solid metal alternative to the plastic plugs, I did mine with set screws and teflon tape. The only thing you can see is the nub. After I took the pic, I color matched the nub just in case someone gets on a stepstool to look at my roof :crazy:

Got some other pix of it in my gallery

Attachments

#30 ·
The hole is 6mm wide. THose prices are pretty high.Try home depot and lowes.They both sell those body plugs cheaper.

I used set screws. No cap to stick out and they come right out if you need your rack back on for whatever. Just use teflon tape to waterproof it. 6mm by 12mm long. Home depot or lowes. Just bring your screw with you to match the thread.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.