Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one on here know if i take the roof rack off if there is going to be nubs there or anything sticking up? I want to take mine off but was not sure. any insight would be greatful! thanks!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
there are ten screws(5 per roof rack) once you take it off you will be left with holes....you can either use silicone to plug the holes or reuse the screws and make sure you use some teflon tape or silicone to prevent any leaking......good luck man!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to know where you got those also?? Those would be perfect! what other colors are available?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
I want to know where you got those also?? Those would be perfect! what other colors are available?
you can always paint them if you can't get them in your color....i've had good experience with automotivetouchup.com

on color matching those hard to find colors

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
46 Posts
you can always paint them if you can't get them in your color....i've had good experience with automotivetouchup.com

on color matching those hard to find colors
I appreciate the help with the paint match, this is a mod i've been wanting to do for a good while.. Where exactly did you get the plugs themselves..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did mine last night and just went to autozone to get the plugs. My truck is blue so i just left them black and you cant really tell

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
did you guys who used the plastic caps to plug the holes do anything about the nubs that are left sticking out above the actual sheet metal? i did the rack removal a month or so ago, and just put the stock screws back, but the metal recievers on top of the roof still stick about 1/4" above the sheet metal. any fixes?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts