Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on my Trailblazer in the driveway the other evening when one drove by my house. On the front of the roof racks I saw that they had running lights. It looked like a factory option that fit right on, and was wondering if anyone has these or knows where to find them, I would love to know if they have clear lenses so I can do HID or Hyper White to match the rest of the lights on the truck.....any info would help, thanks!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
That would be a North Face Edition TB. They have running lights where the rest of the TB's/Voy's have the cap covering the two front screws for the roof rack.

Adding them would involve cutting a hole in the roof, that isn't there on any other model BUT the North Face edition.

And there aren't any clear lenses out there either:(

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
I'm not sure if it's still out there but, last week there was an entire roof rack on Ebay from a NF TB, lights and all.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts

For that kind of money, you could get just the lenses and the harness and install them on your existing rack. Unless you were to use the opportunity to sell your original rack to recoup some money. Then it seems like a good idea for anyone who has the money/interest/patience to do that... I do not.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
Has anyone ever done or thought about adding cab lights like these instead. I thought about ordering a couple different sets of these and setting them up there just to see how it looks.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
I really like roof clearance lights. I'd add them, but I think it might look a bit out of place on something like a trailblazer. I like the 2500 Suburbans that have them, and on the rear fender as well.

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
Wow what a coincidense....Last week I saw a TV at night with those lights and it looked pretty cool, didn't notice Northface on it. A couple days later in daytime I see a Northface Edition. Being rare I would have to believe it was the same vehicle I saw. The funny thing was I was looking at that cap this morning wondering how it worked....then I came home and started my second job, Trailvoy Reading, and came accross this post. Too Funny!!!
Due to this coincidense I will have a beverage :D .

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't realize that was a Northface Edition option. I didn't notice the one I saw pass my house to be a Northface Ed. because I thought those were white with a deep burgundy two-tone. Either way, I'm not exactly excited about having to drill holes into mine, so I will either leave it the way it is, or just eliminate the roof racks all together. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah, I first noticed them on one and thought it would be cool, then I found out it was a TNF thing and thought about ordering them for mine, but I'm unsure about cutting holes and splicing wires (ok, maybe cutting holes, but not splicing wires)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yeah, I first noticed them on one and thought it would be cool, then I found out it was a TNF thing and thought about ordering them for mine, but I'm unsure about cutting holes and splicing wires (ok, maybe cutting holes, but not splicing wires)
I had a GMC Jimmy prior to my trailblazer, and I ran offroad lights on the front of a Yakima Load Warrior on my roof rack. I ran the wiring down the inside of the roof rack side rails with zip ties, then it went in between the rear weather stripping, and into the "D" pillar trim.

You didn't really notice the wiring, and it prevented me from drilling holes. Overall, I definitely think it was a good compromise. Never had any problem with leaks -- and we get lots of rain and snow.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's how I'm wiring my antennas, the thing is that the way those TNF lights go with the roof rack makes it hard to do that way.

·
Registered
497 Posts
That's how I'm wiring my antennas, the thing is that the way those TNF lights go with the roof rack makes it hard to do that way.
Yea, I could see that. I haven't examined them close-up, but it seems that you could drill a small hole on the side/rear facing inwards, and then seal it with a grommet. Would make for an easier retro-fit.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yea, I could see that. I haven't examined them close-up, but it seems that you could drill a small hole on the side/rear facing inwards, and then seal it with a grommet. Would make for an easier retro-fit.
For this kind of light the best is drill the hole under the roof rack, that way you can seal it and then cover it with the roof rack if you remove the lights. Then you make the connections between the roof and the roofliner. That's where I'm scared, splicing those wires.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I had a GMC Jimmy prior to my trailblazer, and I ran offroad lights on the front of a Yakima Load Warrior on my roof rack. I ran the wiring down the inside of the roof rack side rails with zip ties, then it went in between the rear weather stripping, and into the "D" pillar trim.

You didn't really notice the wiring, and it prevented me from drilling holes. Overall, I definitely think it was a good compromise. Never had any problem with leaks -- and we get lots of rain and snow.
I have a Yakima with lights. I would post the link to the thread, but i'm on my iPhone. Full thread with all the details posted and lots of pics.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have a Yakima with lights. I would post the link to the thread, but i'm on my iPhone. Full thread with all the details posted and lots of pics.
I really wish I had taken my Yakima off before going to the dealer. I made extra clear to the dealer that I wanted to get my stuff, but I didn't go the extra mile to say "yes, that includes the yakima rack which is MINE and is in no way, shape or form OEM or "part" of the truck". They refused to let me get it. After an argument with the owner he said I could buy it back from him for retail price. **** them.

I will need to buy a new rack. I was going to do another Yakima, but I figure I'll research the other options, as well. I don't think the Thule will look good on the TrailBlazer -- it's too tall. I like Roadie's Baja.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts