Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there own a set of roof rack lights for a TB/Envoy that would consider swapping/selling them. Or if not anyone know of a link or junkyard,etc where I can get them?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the info. I did reply to the ad but no response. What I didn't know was there are different sizes so thanx for the heads up. Would anyone know the proper term that they are called so I can look them up? Dealer is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
They're the "clearance lights" for the North Face Edition Trailblazer.

People who have them aren't selling them unless they accidentally bought a second set. People who want to add them as a mod aren't as concerned about price.

Just run a search here for "north face lights" and you'll get the part numbers. They're a very custom item, so it's not like they'll have any at a non-GM source.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why did u have 2 break my heart for? Dam are they really discontinued? This blows I wanted to install my stobres inside of them. In the process of putting on a light show on my baby. I do highway construction and the more lights the better off i am.

They may not be discontinued after all people. I believe I found a few stores that have em. Will let you know for sure after order is placed. Just gotta shop for a price. Everyone $125 or more. A lil too much for me. Strict budget if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
I don't think they are lights lights

From what i understand they aren't so much lights to light up the road as they are roof clearance lights that you see on a lot of pick ups. I could be wrong but dirtychevymama would know better than anyone else. If you need more light i would go with the roof rack light mod a lot of people do. And put some strobes in there if you'd like. I also wonder if you really wanted them could you measure how big you would need them and get a generic pair and bolt them in. Would be a much more cost effective way than getting the whole roof rack.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didnt quite understand your comment so here is a lil more clarification.

What I am looking to do is to replace the front end caps of my roofrack with the oem marker lights so I can put my mini stobes in them. I have a set(5) of roof marker lights but 1- the stobes do not fit in them, 2) I dont want to poke any holes in my roof for the wiring. If I went with the roof rack lights i can rig the wires under the rack mounting screws and avoid a potential leak.

By the way how bright are the roof rack lights and how is the factory switch set up on these. Is their a seperate on off switch?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,302 Posts
I didnt quite understand your comment so here is a lil more clarification.

What I am looking to do is to replace the front end caps of my roofrack with the oem marker lights so I can put my mini stobes in them. I have a set(5) of roof marker lights but 1- the stobes do not fit in them, 2) I dont want to poke any holes in my roof for the wiring. If I went with the roof rack lights i can rig the wires under the rack mounting screws and avoid a potential leak.

By the way how bright are the roof rack lights and how is the factory switch set up on these. Is their a seperate on off switch?
They are on at night with the headlights...I dunno about the day with DRLs I turn my light off everytime I start the TB ne way..I hate DRLs but haven't done the DRL kill thing...as bright as runing lights I suppose? The pic was taken at night with the flash...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive lighting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.